Any support meetings up north? Monroe/Snohomish area?

Angelina H.
on 9/13/09 6:24 am
Anyone attend any meeting in this area? 

debbie O.
on 9/15/09 6:25 am - snohomish, WA

I live in Monroe and I've gone to a support group that meets in Redmond. Christine the leader is really nice and it's kind of a low key group but she has lots of information she wants to share.  We meet at the pancake house. Hopefully Christine will chime in and give you a date of out next meeting.

Christine Gibson
on 9/15/09 12:05 pm - Redmond, WA
Greetings Everyone:

Thanks Debbie O.!  Yes, we will have our meeting this Thursday September 17, 2009 at the Redmond Pancake House on the Redmond Fall City Road (sort of across the street from Home Depot.  Our meeting time is 7:00 p.m.  Everyone is welcome, no matter the type or surgery, no matter the doctor, no matter the protocol, no matter our mindset. 

During the early stages (the first year or so), everything sort of goes OK and there is usually not a blimp on the radar screen.  But, don't be fooled!  Our focus of getting together is to help each other keep the weight off by truly knowing what is good for our bodies, mind, souls, and spirits.  Sometimes, we even need to educate our doctors, our nutritionists, and even our personal trainers.  Knowledge is power.  Humor is power as well.

We have full availability of a beautiful room at the Redmond Pancake House.  The staff really treats us well and get so excited that we come!  All they ask is that we each order something even if it is V8 juice.  But, if you come hungry, you will find that their chef cooks excellent and nourishing meals besides pancakes -- which for us, are usually "no no's."   Maybe you don't care for liver and onions, but my pallette sings when I eat a small portion of their liver and onions, bringing the majority of the dish home for other meals.

Let me know if you need directions!  Call me at 425-885-2634 or send me an e-mail at [email protected].

Blessings,

Christine Gibson, MS, MA
       ObesityHelp Support Group Leader and Support Group Coach
               Bariatric University Suport Group Coach
               www.ObesityHelp.com/group/BellevueWA
               [email protected]
Most Active