kvetch

thisbe777
on 9/8/09 11:43 am
why hasn't anyone invented basil and sundried tomato flavored jello???

i don't really don't have much of a sweet tooth, so all this cloyingly sweet crap is getting a bit sickening....    and i can only drink so much broth before i overload on the sodium....

and i have two weeks to go on clear liquids....  ugh...   

that's all......  before i want some cheese with my whine..

jeris

To live would be an awfully big adventure -- Peter Pan

VickiStevens
on 9/8/09 12:40 pm - Tacoma, WA
That was a great whine!

Seriously, hang in there.  It's tough but you can do it.  And it will be so worth it in the end.

Take care.
Vicki
Starting weight: 240 Current weight: 130
Fr33P4m
on 9/8/09 12:51 pm
RNY on 12/04/12 with
jellocell.jpg

Best I could find.

[Highest: 295] [Surgery Day: 264]  [Goal: 150] ​[Height: 5'61/2"]          

newlisab
on 9/8/09 1:31 pm
LMAO..Celeery jello...

I feel ya...I get a little 'sweetened out" too...mine is coming next week, we can "whine sans the cheese" togther..<)
Lisa ~ 
262/138
124lbs LOST =post op   size 2-4
-

Donna Childress
on 9/9/09 7:26 am - Maple Valley, WA
Jeris,

I know what you mean!  The liquid diet is awful!  Dr. Oh was my surgeon also and I wanted a successful and safe surgery so I stuck to the diet like glue.  I had my surgery on May 21st, 2009.  Check the information Dr. Oh gave you again - he does allow vegetable juice also such as tomatoe juice/V-8.  They do make a low sodium version and I drank lots and lots of that because I too couldn't tolerate all that sweet sugar free jello stuff.  I found the Wolfgang Pucks broth (they do have low sodium) to be quite tasty.  It comes in a carton and most stores have it.  Comes in chicken, beef, vegetable, and mushroom.  I'd mix them all together and mix and match to get new flavors.  Imagine and Pacific Organic broths are also quite good and come in various flavors - quite often Bartells drug store carries them at great prices.

The diet is tough, but you can do it as many of us have and believe me it's worth it!

Best of luck to you and see you on the loosers bench soon!

ragadolly/donna

thisbe777
on 9/9/09 8:04 am
thanks for the tips, donna!  i have my nutritionist appointment in about an hour,  dr oh's office didn't give me much info last friday, so i've been kinda winging it....  it will be nice to have more options....

i already discovered wolfie's stocks - fred meyer had chicken, beef, and veggie - i'll go scout the metropolitan market for the mushroom - it sounds yummy, and the met has everything

To live would be an awfully big adventure -- Peter Pan

Most Active