Complete baby like WHINE!!

Fr33P4m
on 9/4/09 10:38 am
RNY on 12/04/12 with
I have tried, I feel, to be patient. I drove 3 to 3 1/2 hours each way to attend pathways classes at Madigan once a week for 6 weeks. I made that drive 3 other times for appointments in the past 3 months now.  That is a lot of time in a car, a lot of gas used and a bunch of time off of work, and yet, I can't seem to get in to see a surgeon.

My follow-up with the psychologist  was on the 5th of August. I now have an appointment to meet my surgeon on the 21rst of September.  I really do not understand, I see others getting surgery dates same day as psychologist and I can't even get in to meet a surgeon.

My first reaction to another delay, I did have an appt. on the 16th that was cancelled, was I want FOOD!!!!!  Good thing I am at work and there is nothing close.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Judy O.
on 9/4/09 2:40 pm - Tacoma (Parkland), WA
It sounds very frustrating . . . hang in there; it's all worth it in the end.
Susan O.
on 9/5/09 6:58 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with

Keep breathing! It is so very frustrating. After this, make all your return appts. at the surgical desk, NOT over the phone. (Do this immediately, ignore the "wait a week", or "wait until you hear from us", etc.)  
   While waiting, use this time to attend support groups and really research your surgery. It will be time well spent, and you will be better off for it. The more knowledge you have before you see the surgeon, the better. Don't let them talk you into a surgery you don't want because it is less invasive, newer, easier for them to perform,  etc. etc.  Some of the newer surgeries they are doing do not have statistics to show they are better. Ask your surgeon how many of the surgeries he/she has personally performed (not as stand-by!). If the surgeon you are assigned to doesn't measure up, or pressures you for a certain surgery, request to see a different surgeon. Yes, you will wait a little longer. You will also get the surgery you want, and have to live with the rest of your life! I know it seems like forever, but in the big scheme of the things, the more time you have to bring your head around to what your body will be doing , the better!
Take care!

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

Fr33P4m
on 9/5/09 7:32 am
RNY on 12/04/12 with
 Thank you for your advice.  I will find the surgical desk when I get there. 
Trying to take deep breaths. Another 5 days should not have gotten to me the way it did. Wish I knew why it did/is.

I do most looking around the internet as I haven't  found a support group around where I live. 
I also work swings, so I can't usually make any kind of group meetings.

As a side; I told my DH today how I felt yesterday at work, that it was a good thing I was at work or i would have headed for McDonalds. My poor DH, he says I should have called him, he would have gone and brought it to me.
LisaAnn
on 9/5/09 9:50 am - WA
Hi, I am so sorry. It does seem the pathway course has no set path. I hope that is one of the changes that happens, instead of a hodge podge way of doing things.

You are close though, so try to hang in a moment longer! you should get your surgary appt. when you have your surgeon appt.  So, not much longer.

I too live several hours away..where do you live???

Well, just wanted to offer you some support, I KNOW how you feel!! Time  just goes soooo slow!

Lisa

229 / 148/ 135
Open DS Surgery with Dr. Martin @ Madigan 
Revision from 2006 - VBG
Hernia repair and tummy tuck - 05/12/2010

Fr33P4m
on 9/5/09 3:29 pm
RNY on 12/04/12 with
I appreciate the support, it's needed. I live on Whidbey Island , we were in Stress Management or Goal Setting together and the support group after.

Actually made good time under the program until the Psych. then it just seemed to go bad. 7 weeks from 2nd Psych til surgeon meet seems long.  I know there's a reason, I just want in on it. 

Thanks again for the support.
Most Active