Yaa-hoo

Judy O.
on 9/3/09 3:07 pm - Tacoma (Parkland), WA

I can't believe it (well, hell, yes I can; I've worked my butt of!!) but I've met my first goal!! Dr. Shrikanth initially told me he thought I'd lose between 80 and 90 pounds so I had set my first goal at 85. I did it!!!  I credit you, my OH friends, for your personal support, your collective wisdom, and constant availability for helping me achieve this goal. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Ya know, what’s even more exciting to me than reaching this first goal is the difference in my mindset that I’ve realized—I now eat to live, rather than live to eat. Wow, who would have thought it!

I'm now taking the advice of one of our learned "losers" (thanks, Sandy) and have decided that my next goal will be for a BMI of 24, which would make me “normal." (No comments from the peanut gallery!)

I hope to see several of you at the next Tukwila support meeting . . . Judy

Judy O.
on 9/3/09 3:16 pm - Tacoma (Parkland), WA
I can't believe I forgot to update my ticker!!!
netta
on 9/3/09 3:49 pm
Hi
My name is Redd,there is a weight loss support group at Ft lewis,so if you are military or know someone who is,if they can get you on base, please come, we meet every thursday,5-7 pm,at the ACS building,its the welfare/WIC center down the street from the bowling alley,it is a self run group from people like me who have had or thinking about weight loss surery,you get support,questions answered and understanding from real people who have been in your shoes,
So please come,we have all been thru the pathway which is done at Madigan,as is where our doctors and surgery(ies) are done
newlisab
on 9/4/09 8:33 am
Congrats Judy!!  That is an awesoe achievement!!
Lisa ~ 
262/138
124lbs LOST =post op   size 2-4
-

Judy O.
on 9/4/09 2:44 pm - Tacoma (Parkland), WA
Thanks for the support, Lisa. Looks like you're big event is just aruond the corner!!!
Susan O.
on 9/5/09 6:42 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
Hi Judy!
  Congrats! A big Woo-Hoo and HUG for you!   About that "normal" thing - we have proof, and no one can take it away from us!! See ya soon.
P.S. Love your schnauzee! We have 2!! Must be something in the "O" name?!

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

Judy O.
on 9/5/09 7:01 am - Tacoma (Parkland), WA
Thanks, Susan; see ya at the next TT&T meeting
VickiStevens
on 9/6/09 11:27 am - Tacoma, WA

Congratulations on your success!  Meeting that first goal is always so huge.  And, normal is a good thing.  Really, it is. 

Keep with it and you will meet all of your goals.

Take care.

Vicki
Starting weight: 240 Current weight: 130
Judy O.
on 9/6/09 3:27 pm - Tacoma (Parkland), WA
Thanks, Vicki; and may I say that you look like you've been quite successful yourself!
VickiStevens
on 9/7/09 9:48 am - Tacoma, WA
Thanks Judy, I have had a bit of success.  And, as you probably know, having Srikanth for a surgeon is a big part of that success!  I feel very fortunate to have found the right surgeon for me.

Take care.
Vicki
Starting weight: 240 Current weight: 130
Most Active