Home from same day Gall Bladder sugery

Kathy P.
on 8/29/09 12:53 am - Port Orchard, WA
Thanks for the well wishes everyone! My gall bladder is no more, and surgery went fine. Lasted about an hour, some scar tissue, but still lap procedure. I was home by 7 p.m. due to rush hour traffic and being 1 1/2 hours from surgery center. Slept in a recliner all night.

I stepped on the scale this morning, and was up 6 lbs! Then of course I had to remind myself that I was pumped full of saline and carbon dioxide, etc., and assured by the nurse that this is all water weight. BUT STILL.....it plays a game with your mind!

Anyway, 4 small incisions, one was done at the site of one from my RNY.

Oh, Cheryl N.,....DOC LANDERS says to say "Hi" back to ya. And I didn't have Eric, I had Bob (Nurse Anesthetist).

I'm anxious to get all healed up, I have a road trip planned to Portland and Clackamas for Labor Day weekend!

Thanks you all---
Hugs,
Kathy
Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up.
It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.
Every morning in
Africa, a lion wakes up.
It knows that it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.
It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle
when the sun comes up you'd better be running.

RNY 2/9/09  Buh bye Gallbladder 8/28/09; 100% EWL (181 lbs.) on 2/19/10;
Cheryl N.
on 8/29/09 3:15 am - Des Moines, WA
Hey, Kathy! Glad it went well for you!! 

Take it easy!

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

fluffyNcute
on 8/29/09 7:32 am - Beantown, MA
Welcome home and so happy everything went well for you. I wish you the best on your recovery.
Most Active