STP is in the hospital and needs your thoughts

Kathy H.
on 8/27/09 3:09 pm - Kent, WA
Sandy (OH handle is STP) had a bowel obstruction while on an Alaska cruise with her partner and their granddaughter.

She was airlifted from Skagway to Juneau and had surgery on Wednesday. The surgeon on call *happened* to be one of the top bariatric surgeons in Alaska, and was able to speak directly to Sandy's DS surgeon, Dr Shrikanth, before the surgery.

The procdure went well, and they were told the bowl had NOT perforated, which of course was great news.

The surgeon says that at best, she'll be released from the hospital five days after surgery... so Monday or Tuesday if all goes well. Dr Shrikanth advised her to stay in Juneau for a couple days after that, just to be sure.

I could hear Sandy talking in the background as I spoke to Ruth. She's feeling pretty lousy, right now, but she's a very strong woman... both physically and mentally. To celebrate her 61st birthday, the woman climbed Mt St Helens a few weeks ago!!

Those of us who know and love her know she'll come through this with her trademark sense of calm, reason and grace. But if you could please keep her in your thoughts over the next week or so, I know she'd appreciate it!

For those who can't place the OH handle, this is the link to her profile. I'll keep you updated as I hear more.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/stp/

Thanks, everyone!

Kathy H
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you considered the Duodenal Switch? Information is power.

pnw
on 8/28/09 12:16 am - Vashon, WA
Yes, Sandy is inpirational to all.

Prayers to her and her partner and she recovers and regains her strengh and takes in a different view of Alaksa. 

Be strong and be well
Mary
Think of where you've been ~ Dream of where you are going
Share your goals with others and pay it forward.

Dapme
on 8/28/09 1:15 am - kingwood, TX
Poor Sandy!

She is such a source of support...I only wish there was something we could do
for her! What a bummer to get so sick so far from home!

Denise
Judy O.
on 8/29/09 2:13 pm - Tacoma (Parkland), WA
It's good to know that God takes care of his own, even when they're on vacation! Get well soon, Sandy. Judy
Most Active