Madigan - how long until I hear something

msR
on 8/25/09 7:23 pm - Gig Harbor, WA
I went to the information class this past spring. I am still waiting for them to call for me to start my patheway. I've been going to Madigan for over 20 yrs (back before the new hosp. was even built). So there is this part of me that worries about someone screwing up and my name being taken off the wait list. I don't mind waiting, but would like to know where I am at. Do you guys think I should I be hearing from them soon? Or should I start to worry?
mauringa
on 8/25/09 11:45 pm - Lacey , WA
Hi msR.
   I think that is something that everyone that has or is going through Madigan worries about---LOL---It is a long process --I know it is a frustrating process sitting and waiting and waiting---but they will get to you -----eventually---I called the Patient Advocate and got my # on the waiting list. If you call the Surgery Dept. and tell them you are trying to figure out where you are on the wait list they will give you the Number to call.  It took me 6 month to get to the next step---but once you get to the next step the process speeds up and you will have your date before you know it!  Start to fini**** took me 10 months.  

I hope this help put your mind at ease!

Best of luck!
Maureen 
newlisab
on 8/26/09 3:45 pm
I totally agree with Mauringa...doesnt hurt to call; I bet they will be calling you very soon to start your pathways!!
Lisa ~ 
262/138
124lbs LOST =post op   size 2-4
-

msR
on 8/27/09 6:42 pm - Gig Harbor, WA
On August 26, 2009 at 6:45 AM Pacific Time, mauringa wrote:
Hi msR.
   I think that is something that everyone that has or is going through Madigan worries about---LOL---It is a long process --I know it is a frustrating process sitting and waiting and waiting---but they will get to you -----eventually---I called the Patient Advocate and got my # on the waiting list. If you call the Surgery Dept. and tell them you are trying to figure out where you are on the wait list they will give you the Number to call.  It took me 6 month to get to the next step---but once you get to the next step the process speeds up and you will have your date before you know it!  Start to fini**** took me 10 months.  

I hope this help put your mind at ease!

Best of luck!
Maureen 
LOL you were right about hearing from them. I had a message when I got home on Wed. Called toda (thurs). I am number 8 on  the wait list. I have an appt. for the goal setting class on Mon. and then meet with the nurse on tues. YAY, being in limbo was the worst part.
newlisab
on 8/30/09 4:58 pm
LMAO...isnt that the way it always works?? I am so glad they called...Now it will be downhill!!
Lisa ~ 
262/138
124lbs LOST =post op   size 2-4
-

Most Active