Walk From Obesity, Sept. 27th (Bellevue)

Kathy P.
on 8/24/09 3:49 pm - Port Orchard, WA

Does anyone plan on participating in this? For those of you who are GH peeps, Julie has a team organized. But you can form your own team, or go solo, whatever!

I'm planning on walking, and so is my daughter. Not sure about my DH right now...he's having some knee problems. However, I'm trying to get some co-workers to participate as well...

Hugs,
Kathy

Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up.
It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.
Every morning in
Africa, a lion wakes up.
It knows that it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.
It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle
when the sun comes up you'd better be running.

RNY 2/9/09  Buh bye Gallbladder 8/28/09; 100% EWL (181 lbs.) on 2/19/10;
rebeccaford
on 8/25/09 1:43 pm - Honolulu, HI
I'm thinking about doing it. 
Rebecca
3/23/2003 Open VBG
4/6/2009 Open RNY Revision
6/08/2011  - I've lost 155 lbs! size 8-10

netta
on 9/3/09 2:48 pm
my name is Redd, we have a weight loss surgery support group on Ft Lewis ,if you are military please come to our group, we meet at The ACS building across from Waller Hall, its the welfare/WIC office, we meet on thursdays 5-7 pm,
It is run by people like me who have had the surgeries or are thinking about it,you also get the support and understanding that we all need during these this journey,
again if you are military please come
have a great ay
Redd
Cheryl N.
on 8/25/09 1:55 pm - Des Moines, WA
I am thinking about it, have yet to register! :) 

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

Helen_Anne
on 8/26/09 1:17 am - Bremerton, WA

So does this mean there may not be a Tacoma walk?   But I am willing to drive to Belleveue... it was SO fun last year....

We carpooled from Kitsap County last time... I would be willing to drive and pick anyone up from Bremerton, Silverdale, Port Orchard and Gig Harbour.

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

pnw
on 8/26/09 2:17 am - Vashon, WA
that would be 1 day after my RNY.  If all my heart tests go in order.  Please keep me in mind as you walk.

I was planning to walk the NW Trek wild run on 9/19.  Make is a pre-surgery celebration and a wedding anniversary for us too. 

Walk on
mary
Think of where you've been ~ Dream of where you are going
Share your goals with others and pay it forward.

Donna Childress
on 8/26/09 8:36 am - Maple Valley, WA
Haven't heard anything about this walk/event.  Can you give more information about this?  Or is there a website about it?  Such as where is it, what time, how long is the walk, do we need to sign up, etc., etc., etc.

Thank you Kathy,

Donna/ragadolly

Kathy P.
on 8/26/09 1:20 pm - Port Orchard, WA
You can regiser online $25 or $30 day of event. I believe gathering starts at 9:00 a.m. I'm not sure how long the walk is.

Here is the link: http://walkfromobesity.kintera.org/faf/home/default.asp?ieve nt=305259

You can get more info there, register, and print of donation sheets.

I am hoping my recovery from gall bladder removal on Friday is quick! I really really really want to go!!
Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up.
It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.
Every morning in
Africa, a lion wakes up.
It knows that it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.
It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle
when the sun comes up you'd better be running.

RNY 2/9/09  Buh bye Gallbladder 8/28/09; 100% EWL (181 lbs.) on 2/19/10;
Most Active