Opinion needed

ginau
on 8/22/09 9:28 am - mesa, AZ
Hi

Question here.   Who is best  for a LAP BAND in Federal Way area ?   I have a family memeber up there and she is looking into  a Lap band .  

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Melissa W.
on 8/22/09 12:37 pm - Nashville, TN
I have heard great things about Dr. Lauter on here and he is in Bellevue. I would use him but he don't take my insurance. Good luck to your relative!
Melissa W.
on 8/22/09 12:38 pm - Nashville, TN
Sorry to reply again but also there is the UW... University of Wahington... that may be a good option to. That is where I will be going. But, having RNY.
Helen_Anne
on 8/22/09 1:27 pm - Bremerton, WA
How far is your sister in the process of getting approved for WLS?  I only ask because Dr Jeff Hunter in Federal Way is a great surgeon... and Kat Redmon his PA is also great.... but Dr Hunter is will not be in office for the next 6 weeks.  But Kat Redmon does most of of his inital WLS consults.   Dr Hunter has a Lap Band only Support group... your sister could  go the support group and see what his patients are saying ...

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

Donna Childress
on 8/24/09 3:36 am - Maple Valley, WA
Both Dr. Ki Oh and Dr. Shrinkanth are wonderful and in Federal Way.  Dr. Oh performed my surgery and I chose him because he has magic fingers in the surgery room and I also believe - from what I've researched that he has performed more bariatric surgeries than anyone else.  His bedside manner isn't the greatest, but I wanted a great surgeon, not someone to hold my hand (had family for that!)  I'd also highly advise your family member to look into other methods of surgery - not just lap band, so that they can make a very informed decision and choose the bariatric surgery that is right for them.  It is a major lifetime decision.

Sincerely,
Donna

ginau
on 8/26/09 2:21 pm - mesa, AZ
I believe she has decided in the Sleeve procedure.  and Dr Shrinkanth.  She will be a self pay - so I think it's going to go very fast for her.. 

I am 3 yrs out from my RNY and soooo excited for her on this journey.  I know she is going to do great.

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Lisa O.
on 8/25/09 6:12 am - Snoqualmie, WA

My doc works out of Seattle and heads the bariatric surgery at Swedish Hospital.  I would TOTALLY recommend him.  At least tell them to go to 2 different introductory seminars so they can compare.

My Doctor:  Ross McMahon, 206-215-2090.

Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

lacres81
on 8/25/09 10:01 am - silvana, WA
Dr Michaelson in Everett, Northwest Weight Loss Center is very good. I met with him several times, unfortenatley my insurance did not cover his facility. But I was very comfortable with him and his staff, most of them have had lap band surgery themselves, so they know what you are talking about. Good luck to you and your family memeber

Lacres81

Most Active