Virginia Mason Experience?

QueenB98059
on 8/19/09 8:14 am - RENTON, WA
Hello, All:

Has anyone gone to Virginia Mason for their surgery with Dr. Thirlby or Dr. Chang?

How was your experience?

Did you have open or laparoscopic surgery?

I'm on my final approval process from my insurance company and am hoping to have my surgery done by October.

I'm getting kinda nervous!!! 

Queenie
Purple_Sparkles
on 8/19/09 8:49 am
Hey There! 
I had an Open RNY May 29th 2009 with Thirlby at Virginia Mason and seriously it has been the best experience ever. I would do it over and over again if I had to!!!! Seriously...Thirlby and everyone that I came in contact with at VM was so great to me! They seriously take time and listen to you!! If you have any questions let me know- email me. I am more than happy to help you this is the biggest decision you have to make!  
Nichole05/29/09 Open RNY Surgery!!! On My WLS Journey!! 
Currently --115lbs as of 11/18/2009!!
debbie O.
on 8/19/09 12:03 pm - snohomish, WA
 I too had Dr Thirlby and he only does open RNY. I had a great experience.  Everyone is really nice and the nurses keep good track of you and your lab work. I don't think I'd change anything. I had my surgery in Jan 08 and have lost 135 lbs, it's wonderful.

curiousasacat
on 8/22/09 8:26 am - WA
I had Dr. Chang -- had a great experience as I was in very good hands of Dr. Chang's team.  I had the Laproscopic RNY --- as of this time Dr. Chang is on maternity leave....Don't know when she'll be back--Sept? Oct? No clue.  Kelly
tinyshad
on 8/23/09 9:11 pm - Rainier, WA
Hi, I just had RNY surgery at Virigina Mason with Dr. Hunter.  I think VM is a great hospital.  However, I do have one compliant that ruined the whole experience. When I was discharged I had to wait an hour and 15 minutes to be transported downstairs.  I was so wanting to be home in my own bed, beat the traffic, (had to drive to Olympia) etc.  I was up dressed, husband had car waiting down stairs, and I just stood their waiting.  Dont let this happen to you.  I was a mouse and paid dearly for it..  If it happens RAISE HELL, better yet pay attention to when you go up....and tell them your out of here and take yourself down.  But the care really was excellent...good luc

Charmayne

-kimber-
on 8/25/09 1:23 pm - Burlington, WA
I had my RnY Laparoscopic with Dr Chang in Oct 08 and my husband had his July 08 we had great care. All of the staff is great. I would recommend Dr Chang's team to any one!

Good luck on your decisions.

Kimber

Highest 418 lbs 12/04/2007- Surgery 336 lbs 11/11/08 -Goal Weight 180 lbs
Most Active