Please Pray!

Nicki H.
on 8/19/09 8:45 am - WA
Lap Band on 08/12/08 with
A very good friend of mine had RNY last Monday at Overlake.  Early yesterday she called me in horrible pain.  She ended up  driving herself to Urgent Care(group health) they thought she had a bowel obstruction and she was going to surgery last night at 430.  Just got back from seeing her.  Surgery started abou 300, she got back to her room at 1130pm....very much worse then they though.  She has peritonitis, she had a tear in her pouch, and her intestines were a mess.  She is now on a feeding tube, has 3 drain bags and is running a temp. 

Please pray for her!!!  She is SCARED to death.  Her name is Wendy.
Thank you to you all!

I delivered 6 weeks early a 5lb 15oz lil boy:)  After spending 2 months on bed rest in the hospital and Mason spending 11 days in the NICU, we're both home and doing great!  Mason is getting bigger and gaining weight like he should.  Now it's my turn to lose this weight!  It's tough to get back on the band wagon...I CAN do this!

Helen_Anne
on 8/19/09 8:59 am - Bremerton, WA
Thank you for letting us know... I will keep Wendy in my prayers....

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

micheleshelly
on 8/19/09 9:37 am - Yelm, WA
My prayers are with her for a quick and safe recovery.
Michele
dewy3
on 8/19/09 1:52 pm - Rochester, WA
I am so sorry to hear about your friend Wendy.  I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.  I am also a group health person and I had such a wonderful experience at Overlake.  I hope she is able to have a peaceful recovery.

Cherryl (dewy)
Rochester, WA

PinkFlamingoes
on 8/19/09 2:56 pm - Buckley, WA
How terrible ! I will definately keep good thoughts for your friend . I hope she recovers quickly .

pnw
on 8/19/09 11:56 pm - Vashon, WA
praying

please keep us posted on her recovery process. 

how dos such a thing happen? 
Think of where you've been ~ Dream of where you are going
Share your goals with others and pay it forward.

Nicki H.
on 8/20/09 8:30 am - WA
I don't know it's clear as to why this has happened.

I delivered 6 weeks early a 5lb 15oz lil boy:)  After spending 2 months on bed rest in the hospital and Mason spending 11 days in the NICU, we're both home and doing great!  Mason is getting bigger and gaining weight like he should.  Now it's my turn to lose this weight!  It's tough to get back on the band wagon...I CAN do this!

Donna Childress
on 8/20/09 2:13 am - Maple Valley, WA
Wendy,

I pray for God to mend your broken body, give you the full healing you so dearly need, the rest you need for your recovery, peace of mind so that you can relax and feel comfort throughout this awful trial, and the relief you need from pain and discomfort.  May the Angels also be with you during this very hard time.

Sincerely,

ragadolly/donna

Lisa O.
on 8/20/09 8:23 am - Snoqualmie, WA

Nicole:

Sorry I missed this yesterday.  I am sending up prayers now. 

How is Wendy doing?  Do you have an update?

Lisa

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

Nicki H.
on 8/20/09 8:29 am - WA
Thank you all.  I talked briefly with Wendy this afternoon, and have to call her back b/c she was trying to sleep.

She is still in a lot of pain.  Nothing else as far as I know has changed....
I will keep you all updated.
Thanks for the prayers......That's from Wendy too.

Most Active