XPOST: I can has intestinal blockage - DO NOT WANT!!!

Mola
on 8/17/09 6:21 pm - WA
I can has intestinal blockage - DO NOT WANT!!!
I left work at 16:00 on Friday and took my 3rd set of vitamins while driving home - just like normal. By the time I got home, I was having some gut pain, but it was in an odd location - right under my belly button. The pain got worse very rapidly - so much so that I was in the ER by 18:00. I explained my surgical situation regarding WLS and they seemed to agree that I probably had an obstruction of some sort. They contacted Dr. Oh, my WLS surgeon, but he was not on call. So, I was transported to his hospital where I was treated by the other WLS surgeon who was on call. I am familiar with/ Dr. Srikanth and I must say he is the bomb! He was so attentive to me and my husband. and understood that it was a frightening experience. I've never had a doctor hold my hand as much as he did.

So, going in, he found some scar tissue from a previous surgery that had tightened and closed off a section of bowel. Fortunately, we were quick to get to it so he did not have to do a bowel resection.

Back to sugarfree, clear liquids and vitamins for a week, then bringing up my protein levels.

Wag more, bark less.

newlisab
on 8/17/09 7:58 pm
Wow!!!  That sounds scary to say the least!!!  What do we look for in those situations?

I'm glad you were taken care of so well!!!
Lisa ~ 
262/138
124lbs LOST =post op   size 2-4
-

Mola
on 8/18/09 3:10 am - WA
For me, it was intense, localized pain that did not move around. Like I said, I went from 0 level  pain to 10 level pain in less than 2 hours.

Wag more, bark less.

PinkFlamingoes
on 8/20/09 3:47 pm, edited 8/20/09 3:48 pm - Buckley, WA
I'm glad you're doing better . How scary . I've heard how great Dr. Srikanth is . I know when I was waiting for my RNY , I saw him interact with patients & he was impressive . That is not Dr. Oh's forte. lol . Take it easy . Hopefully this is the last of your troubles .

Dapme
on 8/21/09 3:18 am - kingwood, TX
Glad to hear your feeling better. That must of been scary!

Dr Srikanth is the Bomb! He hugs alot too!

Denise
Most Active