Bellevue OH--Breakout meeting notes--what did you??

curiousasacat
on 8/16/09 7:02 am - WA
I'm so glad to have met so many of you!! I certainly had a blast.  The seminars were great.  Since there were 3  separate meetings for the 4 breakouts... wondered if anyone could give their input on them ---

I had attended the  "Mind/Body spirit approach"   I had written notes... it's like a wedding preparation--- prepare --- doing it --- devotion to your "marriage (WLS)" 

Then I went to the "Dr. Karen (not Linda) Hamilton, OBGYN"     At first I thought it was about pregnancy, but it was not... it was about Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation, G-shot, Bio-Idential Hormon pellet therapy... so forth...   not many people attended...In my own words, in understanding the seminar...  after being obese/pregnant or whatever  which may cause "vaginal relaxation" and not getting anything out of sex..."feels like nothing's happening" ... there is a treatment that is pretty new out there and Dr. Hamilton is the only person in the Pacific NW that does them... There are several in California if I recall correctly... She works in Bellevue...

Next, I had gone to "You in it to win it?" with Katie Jay.  Many people had attended that..  my notes... ... what's the main purpose of WLS (not to be so specific like  "oh I wanna get to size 14) but more of a global purpose --- stay out of the comfort zone (my words---do it, no procrastination, if ya fall off,  get up again!! It's not the end of the world)

Next was Fitness with Jeremy Gentles --- I didn't stay long, my butt was getting sore---was standing around in the back... basically I caught that free weights and gymnastics ball was a better work out for working the inner core muscles than using "machines".... I happen to agree with him...  I find more in touch with my body when using the gymnastics ball than using my husband's Bowflex... (and yes, I did get injured a few times with the Bowflex, because I wasn't setting down the board correctly). Oy...

Those are my notes are the breakouts.

Was great meeting ya all!!

seattledeb
on 8/16/09 12:05 pm
I wanted to thank you for all the hard work you put in doing the clothing exchange.
I really appreciated that.
Thanks again,
Deb T.
curiousasacat
on 8/16/09 1:16 pm - WA
You are welcome anytime. Glad people were taking advantage of the clothing exchange. Got a pair of jeans, a pair of shorts, and a cute shirt. Thank you to those who gave those clothes!!!

Kelly
pnw
on 8/17/09 10:15 am - Vashon, WA
 Kelly
Thank you for the notes on the OBGYN meeting.  I wanted to go to a mid afternoon break out but I was crashing fast and needed to get out for air and an early dinner.

I am soooo interested in her procedure.  I will look into that about 6 mths after  am on the other side.  

My hubby and I went to the 'sex' talk - learned that we might have a few more tricks up our sleeve to get through some post meno stuff.  She was very funny

I went to Chef Dave.  I almost did not go I was really fading by then but Chef Dave encouraged us  to say especially since I was pre-surgery.  He told me that being ahead of the curve (like Renton) was a good tool to have.  And wow - did he have a bunch of info.  He cooked a meal (did not share) but my hubby is now cooking it for me....how cool is that.

mary
Think of where you've been ~ Dream of where you are going
Share your goals with others and pay it forward.

bzlatich
on 8/18/09 5:36 am - Kennewick, WA
can you  share the notes from the OBGYN meeting. either on here or email me at [email protected]

thanks
Barb
curiousasacat
on 8/22/09 8:15 am - WA
I have this brochure --- perhaps she mail it to you --- her phone number for Dr. Karen Hamilton is 425 455 8088 or this website (just found it) www.cascademedicalaesthetics.com  Good Luck ! Sorry for the late response.  Kelly
Most Active