Returned home 08/13/09 - 3 days post-op

ladyjake
on 8/14/09 10:52 am - Lacey, WA
I am home from the hospital, I have updated my profile. Three days post-op and trying to cope with the pain, liquid oxycodone makes it a lot easier. Hope I don't run out before the pain subsides completely.
See ya on the other side of Skinnyville!!

curiousasacat
on 8/14/09 1:49 pm - WA
You'll be fine... and  if you are still in pain  and almost running out  calll the doc!!!  Most of us are at the OH event in Bellevue... just got home (well at my mother's in Renton) and didn't want you to feel like   ... hey where's everyone??!!  Welcome to the loser's bench!! Gonna take a bath before the big day tomorrow... Take good care!

Kelly
ladyjake
on 8/15/09 12:30 am - Lacey, WA
Thank you for your reply and yes I would have been feeling like "where is everyone?" 

So thanks again. I feel a lot better today than I did yesterday. Will sit up and try to move around a little more, may even venture out of the house today.

See ya on the other side of Skinnyville!!

Sheryl R.
on 8/15/09 8:36 am - Buckley, WA
Hi Lady,
I'm glad to hear that you're home.  I hope the pain subsides quickly for you.  Keep sipping, walking, and resting!

Take care!

Sheryl

Only "obese" now!

LisaAnn
on 8/15/09 8:42 am - WA
So glad you are home and healing! I agree, if you get close to running out and are still in pain, call your surgeon. No sense in suffering unnecessarily!

I hope you get to feeling much better soon!!!!

Lisa

229 / 148/ 135
Open DS Surgery with Dr. Martin @ Madigan 
Revision from 2006 - VBG
Hernia repair and tummy tuck - 05/12/2010

riky
on 8/15/09 10:50 am
I remember days 3-5 were the hardest!! Hang in there it gets better!!

Riky
pnw
on 8/16/09 8:20 am - Vashon, WA
 I am watching - praying and learning from you all - my time is 1 month away

Wishing you a happy recovery and a good book and a pain free week ahead.

Peace
Mary - Vashon
Think of where you've been ~ Dream of where you are going
Share your goals with others and pay it forward.

newlisab
on 8/16/09 1:35 pm
Hey Lady!!!  I'm sorry I have been gone all weekend..so I didnt get to see this...YAHOO  you made it home !!  I'm sorry your hurting hun..I agree keep up on the meds...and I cant Wait to hear about all your losses!!!!! I'm so gald your on the Other side now!!!
Lisa ~ 
262/138
124lbs LOST =post op   size 2-4
-

mauringa
on 8/18/09 10:53 am - Lacey , WA
Hey there---
  Dr. Carter is such a nice guy I am sure he would not let you suffer--- if you start to run out just give him a call---I stopped the pain meds at about 7 days out and still had plenty left.  I got to where I was only using it at night the last 2 or 3 days I used it.

Anyway I am glad that you are home just keep moving--as best as ya can--and eventually the pain will completely go away---but until then isn't liquid Oxycodone just wonderful---LOL

Take care!
Maureen 
Most Active