Looking for members from Spokane

LaDena
on 8/13/09 3:31 pm - Spokane Valley, WA
Hi there!

Very long story short....I started this journey about 3 years ago in Tacoma. I was supposed to have surgery at Madigan Army Hospital. However, my husband decided to retire from the USAF. So, after getting 3/4 of my work-up completed, we moved closer to home...Spokane.

I am now back up on that horse and getting closer by the minute to scheduling surgery with Dr. Jonathan Spitz at the Rockwood Clinic.

I thought it might be nice to meet people from the Spokane area that are going through or have had WLS. I have all sorts of questions and it'd be nice to make new friends and pick your brains!  :-)

Thanks!
Dena

*~*Ready for some changes!*~*
It used to be about living to eat, now I'm eating to live!
Food-it either goes to waist or to waste.

Highest Wt/Surgery Day/Current Wt/Goal Wt
279             249          140        140-155
                                           Keeping it real!   

shymomma
on 8/14/09 12:40 am
Hi Dena,
I am from Spokane. My surgeon is Dr. Trotter but I know people who have had WLS at Rockwood clinic and I have gone to some of the meetings there. I am 9 months out and almost to my goal weight. I will add you to my friends list. You can send me a message if you want.
highest wt. 250. pre-surgery 238.  current 142.  
Tummy Tuck  1-25-11 
Brenda M.
on 8/16/09 11:44 am - Spokane, WA
Hey there, my name is Brenda and I had surgery over 5 years ago.  It has been a good road, struggles still there but life is very good.  If you need someone to chat with just let me know. I don't go to this site much anymore but email is [email protected]

Brenda

Me and my love    My tattoo Celtic Tree of Life

KARA_TOP
on 8/17/09 5:44 am - richland, WA
I am not from Spokane (sorry) but I had surgery there at Rockwood with Dr. Spitz...I LOVED HIM, he is fantastic!  Just wanted to tell ya that!

~Kara

All time highest: 370
Started this process: 343
Day of surgery: 281
Current: 150
Goal: 140'ish
Wow thats alot of info
LaDena
on 8/18/09 2:10 pm - Spokane Valley, WA
Kara~ 

Thanks for posting. I am soooo excited. I just got my approval from Dr. Spitz yesterday.  I'm just waiting on the scheduler to call me to set me up with the dietitian and my pre-op with the PA. 

It's so good to hear from other people who've had Dr. Spitz. So far I've heard only good things. I'm glad you're doing so well.

Thanks again!

*~*Ready for some changes!*~*
It used to be about living to eat, now I'm eating to live!
Food-it either goes to waist or to waste.

Highest Wt/Surgery Day/Current Wt/Goal Wt
279             249          140        140-155
                                           Keeping it real!   

kmbear
on 8/27/09 3:47 am - Coeur D Alene, ID
I am waiting for Tricare to send me a referal to hopefully see Dr Spitz. I am looking to get a revision from VBG to RNY. Hope all goes well for you. Karen

Most Active