Feedback - has anybody tried Profect Protein

pnw
on 8/5/09 10:29 am - Vashon, WA
 seems too good to be true - 25-50 grams in one serving.  

trying to get my pre/post protein schedule

thanks
mary
Think of where you've been ~ Dream of where you are going
Share your goals with others and pay it forward.

Helen_Anne
on 8/5/09 1:07 pm - Bremerton, WA
I have not tried this one.... but a word of advise........... samples samples samples... or keep the recipt so that you can return the protein powder to the store.... my tastes really changed after surgery.

You can get samples from vitalady.com ... or enjoyhealth.com 

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

pnw
on 8/6/09 12:28 am - Vashon, WA
Thank you Helen
I was advised by the 50 forum that it burned their pouch and that after WLS we can only absurbed 30 protien at a time.  This is a liquid in a condensed vial less than 3 oz.  So I can see why it might burn - it must be concentarated and powerful. 

another good reason to go to the OH event Aug 15!! 

thanks again
see you next weekend - yes?

ImJeniH
on 8/6/09 4:11 am - Katy, TX
Yes I swear by it... I get it auto shipped through Bariactric Advanage.... I mix it with crystal light every day..... It is the only way I get my 80-100g of protein a day!

Jeni......
Highest/Consult W/Surgery W/Current W/Goal W
348/303/298/159/149

pnw
on 8/6/09 10:57 am - Vashon, WA
 Very good.  Sounds like mixing might be the way to avoid burning.  I will try a sample.  That is a great protein number to not try.  

Helen_Anne
on 8/6/09 10:35 pm - Bremerton, WA
Yep... I will be at the OH event... sporting a new hair cut...

I have heard mixed reviews about the condensed 3oz protein vails... the worst have always been the quality of the protein is not the best.  But those who love it... say is a easy way to get in the protein they need every day,

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

pnw
on 8/7/09 12:10 am - Vashon, WA
Hi Helen
I was wondering the same - how/who qualifies the protein value.  It would be interesting to put this 'under the microscope' to determine exactly what is in this in regrade to protein. 

I was looking at the protein drinks - which I drink no with no problem (pre-op).  I drink a 15 gram protein rice drink now.  15 is not too bad if indeed you can get it all down post-op. 

I am starting to get nervous about my Very Low Calorie diet.  Hope my liver is sitting pretty next month this time.

I am going to start journaling again.  That might give me some sense of control.

Mary

jcheryld
on 8/9/09 3:47 am
I have tried the unflavored Profect Protein and I think it is pretty good... mixes with just about anything, too! I hope you can get a good sampling before you buy a large quantity... we are all different. Good luck!
Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker  

Hit goal 10/31/09!  RNY!!!

Most Active