Newbie w/surgery scheduled @ MAMC

jamie91868
on 8/3/09 6:04 pm - Bremerton, WA

This is my first post, but I have been a lurker for a while. I have gone through the pathway here
in Bremerton. Had my quick meeting with Dr. Eggebroten ( on the day of the shooting on base).
I have a surgery date of Sept 11th, but am on a waiting list for a earlier date.  I have decided on the sleeve.  I want to start getting my things for the hospital ready and would love some advice on what to bring.  If they do call for an earlier date, because more OR time has opened up I will be called 72 hours before my surgery and want to be prepared.

Helen_Anne
on 8/4/09 1:01 am - Bremerton, WA

Congrats on your surgery date!!! I also live in Bremerton...

What to bring... a shirt that buttons in the front, elastic waist pants, I-Pod (or some thing to listen to music), cell phone, pillow (for ride home to put between you and the seat belt) and chapstick.

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

mauringa
on 8/4/09 2:45 pm - Lacey , WA
Hey Jamie---
  Congrats on your date! 

As for what to bring to the hospital---I took 2 sets of comfy PJ's and never even took them out of my bag---LOL---I was on so much pain meds nothing mattered to me at all---but I do suggest some nice stretchy (elastic waist or a tie waist) pants and a loose fitting shirt for the drive home.  I also would suggest a cell phone I know that the lady in the bed next to me had a phone but I could not find mine---LOL---again I think that was the pain meds and I did not look very hard---I did see a TV but did not turn it on at all!  I also took a book to read---but never opened it while I was there---I know I am not much help at all!!!

Best of luck to you!
Maureen
ladyjake
on 8/4/09 3:12 pm - Lacey, WA
Hi Jamie,

I don't have anything to add, but would like to say thank you for posting. My surgery is next Tuesday and what to take with me the day of the surgery had not crossed my mind.

Congrats and Good luck with your surgery and recovery.

See ya on the other side of Skinnyville!!

LisaAnn
on 8/4/09 5:14 pm - WA
Congratulations to you both!!!

Lisa

229 / 148/ 135
Open DS Surgery with Dr. Martin @ Madigan 
Revision from 2006 - VBG
Hernia repair and tummy tuck - 05/12/2010

Most Active