Kidney stone

scott54
on 7/28/09 10:27 am - McKenna, WA
RNY on 09/24/08 with
On Monday morning I ended up going to the Madigan emergency room because I was in a lot of pain.  I have had kidney stones for a long time and one of them decided it was time to move and cause problems.  Any, after staying in the emergency room all day they discharged me and gave me medicine.  Urology was supposed to call within 36 hours, etc.  Today they called and offered me surgery tomorrow to get it taken care of. 

Wow - as much as I don't like having surgery, etc. I am really impressed.  I was expecting a much longer wait - some more trips for pain, some consults, etc.

So, I'll be  back at Madigan tomorrow, should be released tomorrow evening, and hope to be back at work on Friday although I am not sure that will happen.

Scott
vitalady
on 7/28/09 1:29 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
make them tell you what KIND of stones. then you can take steps to avoid them again. we are prone to oxalate stones, so the docs tell you to stop taking calcium.

calcium carbonate does cause oxalate stones, but calcium citrate (magnesium citrate - pills, not bowel prep), potassium citrate (citric acid in citrus) PREVAENT stones.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

scott54
on 7/29/09 11:21 pm - McKenna, WA
RNY on 09/24/08 with
Thanks for info. 

They told me before we got started that they planned on analyzing the stones to see what caused them.  It makes since although I hadn't thought about it.

Scott
vitalady
on 7/30/09 3:14 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
If they are oxalate, I speak that language (and am not far from you). If uric acid, I do not speak that language

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

Most Active