Unflavored PROTEIN Whey - Need Suggestions!!

millikan01
on 7/28/09 9:59 am
HELLO! I need suggestions on a no or low carb/low calories/sugarless powder whey protein that is unflavored.  Trying to find something inexpensive to incorporate into my daily cooking, because I have not been getting 60-80g of protein per day as I should, and this may be stalling my weight loss.  Let me know!!!
Thanks
Milli
Helen_Anne
on 7/28/09 1:11 pm - Bremerton, WA
I checked the Link from the other poster... and I use that one too... Syntrax Medical Unflavored....

While I have not tried the "Natual Flavor" of Bioplex WPI protien powder.... I have a WLS friend who loves it...but I can tell you that I  LOVE the chocolate flavor... so the Natual flavor is my next buy.

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

SeattleJenn
on 7/29/09 4:01 am

Try this link: http://www.vitalady.com/index.htm

They are local (in the Puyallup area) and very helpful and have a friendly staff. Husband and Wife run it. They are WLS patients themselves and can give you great advice.

Just a thought.

Hope you find something that fits your needs.

Jennifer

Kim Gyurina, OH Staff
on 7/29/09 7:06 am
DS on 09/27/23
If you're attending the OH event in Bellevue next month, Vitalady is going to be an exhibitor!  We're glad to have them!  Come for all the FREE samples that we'll offer on many products!

Kim
Forevrtaja
on 7/29/09 8:02 am
I have somehting that I use called TVP or Textured Vegitable Protein. This is completely tasteless for my pallet.   I have used it in meatloaf in place of bread crumbs, crab cakes instead of crackers and even added it to marianara sauce to add protein.  I even whizzed it in my magic bullet and made a powder out of it.  I know some people add it to anything soupy too.  I am a huge texture eater so it took me a little bit to try it (out of fear I might not like it), but once I did my protein numbers came way up and I was pleasantly surpised.

I can buy it at Fred Myers, Top Foods and Safeway.  It's usually with either the bulk foods or the organics.  The brand I buy is Bobs red mill.  Here are some stats on it. 

Textured vegetable protein, 1 oz. (30g)
Calories: 80
Protein: 15g
Carbohydrate: 9g
Total Fat: 0.3g
Fiber: 6.0g
*Excellent source of: Iron (10mg)
I am not saying good-bye to food, but just setting new boundaries in our relationship 

HW/SW/CW/GW
404/387/212/199
Fleur de Lis TT with Hernia repair 8/20/2010.  13 lbs of skin removed!
millikan01
on 7/30/09 6:18 am
Thanks for the tips guys!
RNY 9/24/08
Surgery Weight - 344.4 
Revision to DS 9/22/10
Surgery Weight - 231.0 
Plastics 4/14/11 
Surgery Weight - 211.0
Current Weight - 179.8
Goal Weight - 160.0
I am staring at Ambition, shaking hands with Success, and smiling at Determination - What are YOU doing? *smirk*

"They ON IT cause they WANT IT!"

rebeccaford
on 7/30/09 1:01 pm - Honolulu, HI
I use Unjury.
Rebecca
3/23/2003 Open VBG
4/6/2009 Open RNY Revision
6/08/2011  - I've lost 155 lbs! size 8-10

curiousasacat
on 8/1/09 6:33 am - WA
I use Isopure Unflavored. --a little $$ at GNC stores -- I just wait until it goes on sale.
Most Active