'what was your 'aha....moment and what have you learned along the way to this point?'

pnw
on 7/27/09 10:57 am - Vashon, WA
 I am always in a state of learning.  
1. I learned that 218 can not be hidden with big clothing.  
2. I learned that when I see a picture of me - it really is me!
3.  I learned that that person in the reflection in the store window is not following me - it IS me!
4.  I learned I am a sugar addict
5.  I learned I have my family genes (and they are tight too)
6.  I learned I can live a better life than what my blueprint has provided
7.  I learned there is hope
8.  I learned that tomorrow is another day - and I deserve to be part of it
9.  I learned that I am greedy - I am doing this for ME then others will benefit from the new me.
10.  I learned that you won't die from skipping a meal or leaving that cookie but you could die if you don't stop.

My dad is in the hospital with congestive heart failure - this has been an ongoing battle for a few years now.  My mom died 6 mths ago.  I learned that sleep apnea can be a precurser to congestive heart failure (dad) and digestive acid reflux (mom) can cause ulcers and if left untreated can kill you (mom).  

I am breaking my blueprint on Sept 22, 2009.

Peace
Mary - Vashon

Think of where you've been ~ Dream of where you are going
Share your goals with others and pay it forward.

Helen_Anne
on 7/27/09 11:38 pm - Bremerton, WA

Sorry to hear about your father being in the hospital...

What I learned so far...

I had surgery on my stomach ....not my brain.... after about 6 months... when I could tolerate more foods... I began emotional eating again... grazing....

I have learned for myself... to always have some food with me that I can eat.... no quarentees that there will be WSL freindly food available.

I am clearly a stress/emotional/boredom eater... so I am actively working on this with a counselor.

Excerise.CAN be fun with the right trainer or class... or for me... a bike!

My weight can fluctuate up to 4 pounds overnight.... with water retention or poop issues...  I try to only weigh once a week... or every other week.... not always successful with this one.

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

pnw
on 7/27/09 11:55 pm - Vashon, WA

Thank you Helen.
I appreciate your sharing your experience and process.  Love your  statement 'I had surgery on my stomach not my head'. 

Head issues are difficult with any process.  I too have boredom eatting and grazing issues - not always but enough to impact. 

Also like the weigh in once a week plan.  Right now I weigh in daily to make sure I am not gaining too much prior to surgery.  I also can gain 5 pounds from 1 day to the next. 

I am hoping the august event will help with the food choices. 

Again - thank you for placing another tool in my belt. 

Stay cool
Mary - Vashon

Think of where you've been ~ Dream of where you are going
Share your goals with others and pay it forward.

Most Active