Taking a poll - who is going to the August event and what is your focus

pnw
on 7/25/09 1:16 pm - Vashon, WA
This is an interesting event with what seems to be some interesting speakers.  I am interested in the cooking session and the cookbook and any vendor info.

I am also trying to start a support group that works in my hours and location.  

I am also concerned about spending money to stay over - would like to but spending that cash now when we have a lay off in the house may not be wise.  

So I think I might just show for the Sat. events and head back early.

Just thinking.
Mary  - Vashon
Think of where you've been ~ Dream of where you are going
Share your goals with others and pay it forward.

PinkFlamingoes
on 7/26/09 4:27 am - Buckley, WA
Hi , I'm going to the conference . Being post-op & at goal , my focus is getting reinspired . I am going through a lot of emotional issues (grief) right now & am eating stuff that I shouldn't , at night . I'm also looking forward to the cooking ideas . I tend to get stuck in a rut , foodwise . This is my second event . The first one was when I was 6 1/2 months out . I really enjoyed that event , which was in Irvine , Ca.

pnw
on 7/26/09 10:53 am - Vashon, WA
Tiff tells all
on 7/26/09 9:53 am - Ewa Beach, HI
RNY on 05/21/19
Hi- I'm heading over for the event and meeting up with a whole bunch of the OH bandster gals. I'm also really looking forward to nutritional aspects. I could use some advise about what type of things I should be focused on at this stage in the game.

See you there!

Tiff

Current MD- Dr. Mikami, Honolulu Hawaii

Lapband 14cc AP Lg in 2008- slipped and removed 2016 -VSG July 21, 2016-dx Gerd

** RNY Revision 05/21/2019 **

"A few drops of hope can water and nourish our garden" - Jean M

Awterpop
on 7/26/09 10:15 am
I'll be there and I'm looking forward to it very much.  I feel fortunate that I live around the Tacoma area, so I can go home Friday night and sleep in my own bed, come back Saturday refreshed and ready for the day.
Cindy       
Helen_Anne
on 7/26/09 10:26 am - Bremerton, WA
I am staying both Friday and Saturday nights... I am excited to hear the speakers... and visit the vendor booths... I am hoping that we can get to taste some of the new RTD protein drinks that have come out... like from Bariatric Advantage.

I hope "we" as a Washington group can get together and meet each other... it would be great to see the friends I have now.. and meet some of the newer members of this group.

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

Susan O.
on 7/26/09 10:40 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
Hi!
   I'll be there with my friend who is also any RNYer. We will be staying 2 nights. I am looking forward to EVERYTHING! I can't wait to get those "good vibrations" I know will be flowing out every door of the Westin.
P.S. I still need a few more models for the fashion show... see next message!

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

pnw
on 7/26/09 10:57 am - Vashon, WA
 Hi Gang - good posting.

I can relate to most.  I too have had my grief eating.  Late husband 6 years ago then my mom 6 mths ago.  It's all a process.  

I live on Vashon - so I might stay depending on our budget otherwise I might Sat morning for sure.  I am also looking forward to the protein drinks and looking for Liquid vits.  

Oh yes, and trying to get a local group for a WLS support group going - if not a few meet and vent or maybe just have a good laugh!  So yes - I too would like to be able to tap into those interested in getting off the board now and then and doing some actual face to face chats.

Good to see so many on the board heading over.  I am pleased they are offering what seems to be addressing all levels of the journey.

See you in August.
Mary - Vashon

vitalady
on 7/26/09 11:52 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Don and I will be there. We're sposta be "WORKING", but I'd so rather come out and play.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

pnw
on 7/26/09 11:54 am - Vashon, WA
 Yep - you are one of the vendor on my 'must see' list.  Looking for liquid vit.  and changing my whole way of taking my vits.

Sorry you can't come out to play - but your booth can't be open all night right :) 

Thank you for coming.
Mary - Vashon

Most Active