Advice Needed....

MissKasey
on 7/25/09 2:04 pm - Bothell, WA
Hello Everyone!

It has been six weeks since I have been banded. Most recently I had one moment where I was stuck and I am now not able to keep any solids down. I have seen my surgeon and I am babying my band. I am back on fluids only.

I am wondering if anyone has had this happen and how long has it taken for things to return to "normal" or what I know as somewhat normal. I was supposed to have a fill but with the current band issues that is not going to happen.

I have been babying my band with warm fluids in the morning and cool fluids through out the day due to the heat.  At this point even some fluids don't stay down and I am not sure why...Lemonade is a big no no....I know every day is different....and for me it sure has been. 

I am wondering if anyone has experienced this and maybe have any suggestions on how to further "baby" the band to get the swelling down so that I can move forward.  Or if you have had this happen and have any suggestions.....I am following doctors orders....Any information would be great!

Thanks!
Kristine
Miss Kasey
Day of surgery 292/Current 279/ Goal 180

Hislady
on 7/25/09 2:52 pm - Vancouver, WA
Hmmm I'm stumped because a stuck is usually over and done with within hours. Once in awhile it'll take a couple of days if you've really inflammed things but it shouldn't last days. I would certainly avoid a fill until this resolves. Slowly start back on soft foods and then ease into regular food. Be sure to take pea size bites, chew till liquidy and take time eating by making sure one bite is swallowed before taking another, this will help keep stucks to a minimum. Come over to the lapband board and you'll get lots of good advise.
MissKasey
on 7/26/09 10:39 am - Bothell, WA
Thanks so much for the reminders...I am following doctors orders and taking it one step at a time back to the beginning. It is challenging.  I have inflamed things but I was only ever stuck the one time.  They ran a few tests to ensure I wasn't pregnant (and I'm not) just to see what might be happening. 

I follow up with my surgeon again on Tuesday.  Yesterday was rough and today its been okay all fluids are staying down.  I will stay on fluids a few more days, then move to mushy and soft foods....then ease into solid foods again.

Its one step at a time and I am more than willing to follow through....I didn't wait all that time and go through all of this to not have it to work with....Its just frustrating.  

One day at a time....one step at a time....one meal at a time. :) 

Kristine
Miss Kasey
Day of surgery 292/Current 279/ Goal 180

Most Active