Making "OH" my online support.

Billie Jo C.
on 7/24/09 10:44 am - Spokane, WA

I'm currently in the process "The Beginning Stage" of trying to obtain RNY. I live in Spokane Wa, and I'm looking into surgery at UW.  I would like to make OH one of my online support groups. What better place to get support right? 

So is there anyone from Spokane and looking to have their Surgery at UW is Seattle?
It would be nice to gain information about the travel from Spokane to Seattle or if anyone Has/Hasn't made that trip yet. I'm normally the kind of person who tends to figure things out on my own but, this process is way to serious to ride out all alone. I need to learn to ask for help and not always be the one to help.

I'm sure I'll be asking lots of questions and I'm sure I'll be given lots of answers. So any friends made here at the OH site would be awesome.

-Billie

Helen_Anne
on 7/24/09 1:41 pm - Bremerton, WA

Welcome to the Washington Board!!!  the UW has a great bariatric program.

We are a great group here...

Are you coming to the OH convention on Aug 14 and 15?

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

Billie Jo C.
on 7/25/09 5:11 am - Spokane, WA
Thanks for the welcome Helen.

Unfortunately I'm unable to attend this convention due to our budget. I'm saving up money so when I do have to go to Seattle I won't be to financially strapped and I'll be prepared. I would also like to make sure if I'm approved by my insurance company first before I make the trip.

Again thanks for the warm greeting.

-Billie
MacawMother
on 7/24/09 7:30 pm
I'm in Spokane as well and am hoping to have WLS.   Can I ask what your reason is for wanting to go to Seattle instead of using one of the local surgeons?

MacawMother
Billie Jo C.
on 7/25/09 5:14 am - Spokane, WA
Hi MacawMother...

The reason I'm going to UW is because the Doctors at Rockwood won't take my type of insurance.

Who's you surgeon here in Spokane?

-Billie
MacawMother
on 7/25/09 6:37 am
About five years ago my surgeon was Dr. Schrock.  At that time my insurance denied coverage. Now I've got different insurance (through my husband's new job) and it does cover WLS.  I don't plan on seeing Dr. Schrock this time because he doesn't perform laparoscopic WLS.  I haven't decided for sure yet but I know the two surgeons at the Rockwood Clinic (Rawlins and Bright) are in my insurance network.

I'm sorry that you have to go out of town for it but if I had to I would.  It has got to be better than not having it at all!  I'm just starting this process and I'm interested in following others that are just starting out like me.

MacawMother   Heighest/333        Goal/177        Current/152  =  total loss of 181 lbs
Looking into plastics now.   Would like a lower body lift, thigh lift, & boob job.
pnw
on 7/25/09 2:11 am - Vashon, WA
 Hi Bill Jo
Welcome and I hope your journey is going well so far.  I think we emailed before.  I am having my surgery at the UW.  Happy to be your Seattle OH point person.

Are you coming in for the Aug event?

I plan to be there with my husband.  

Keep the pace and keep those appointments.  
Keep a check list of all your insurance requires and mark it off as it's done.

It takes what seems like forever but all points are worth the work.
Stay cool today
Mary - Vashon WA
Think of where you've been ~ Dream of where you are going
Share your goals with others and pay it forward.

Billie Jo C.
on 7/25/09 5:36 am - Spokane, WA
Hi Mary...
Yes, we did chat in E-mail a few times. And thanks for offering give me pointers. You can never have to much help or friends.

I can't make it this time to the convention but, I hope to partake in one soon in the near future.

My Doctor is new to this process and, has other patients she is helping obtain WLS too. So I have given here lots of information which she was happy to receive. She told me that I'm a big help and she has learned a lot from me. I made it clear that I was very dedicated to reaching my goal in obtaining WLS. So any appointments that I need to schedule will definitely be kept. I'm so ready to move forward and, get closer to achieving this.

So when she gives me the ok to get my appointments for the Nutritionist/Psychologist (hopefully in the next 2 or 3 weeks..crossing my fingers) etc... I'll be on top of that. And making a checklist is a good idea to and, it will most definitely make things easier.

I'm going to hang in there and try to keep my spirits up. My daughter keeps telling me how proud she is of me and tells me not to give up. That really helps me allot to...

-Billie
Most Active