Rockwood Clinic Support meetings?

Billie Jo C.
on 7/24/09 10:04 am - Spokane, WA
I was wondering if anyone could give me some information on the support group meetings at Rockwood?

I'm hopping to have surgery at UW but, can I attend the support meetings here at Rockwood?
Will they accept outsiders?
Do I have to pay anything?
And, will they let me attend if I'm not seeing one of the surgeons at Rockwood?

However, I do have a PCP here in Rockwood main clinic. Shes been very good to me and is helping me obtain surgery. So if anyone has any information on the support meetings that would be awesome.

-Billie Jo
giver44
on 7/25/09 1:19 am - Post Falls, ID
Hello Billie JO!! You most certainly can attend our support group.  Everyone is welcome. The people are super and very supportive.
  There is no charge.
  We meet the 2nd Tuesday and/or the 3rd Thursday of each month. At the main Rockwood Clinic on East 5th.. In room 4 on the 2nd floor at 6:00 P.M.
  Hopeing to see you there.  Alice
Billie Jo C.
on 7/25/09 5:46 am - Spokane, WA
Hi Alice.. Thanks for responding. That is super!!! I really need to find a good support group outside of my family. They back me 100% but having others from the outside will be nice too.  My Doctor (PCP) is there in the main clinic and, I'll be sure to add all this information to my calendar.

Thanks bunches Alice for the warm greeting and information...
Hope your day is going great...

-Billie
Wendy M.
on 7/25/09 11:58 pm - Spokane, WA
There is also an excellent support group at Holy Family Hospital - very welcoming group - we have people that drive from Tri-Cities and other places that are a distance from Spokane just to come to our group!  We meet the 2nd Tuesday of every month at 6 p.m. - we have speakers every now and then on whatever topics we want to discuss.  We are planning on also having a 2nd meeting on the 4th Tuesday at 6 p.m. as well, but that probably will start next month.  You are very welcome to join us as well!  Just go in the main hospital doors and follow the signs!
giver44
on 7/26/09 1:08 am - Post Falls, ID
I am old and have moments of disfunction!!!  We meet on the 1st Tuesday of the month not the second.  So it is 1st Tuesday and 3rd Thursday.  So sounds like you could try both groups.
 Good luck to you.
Most Active