HAVE HOME GYM, WANT WORK OUT BUDDY/BUDDIES/FRIENDS SO I WILL GET OFF MY...

Donna Childress
on 7/25/09 6:05 am - Maple Valley, WA

I detest public gyms.  I'm too self-conscious to go to them and be around all those "sexy" little bodies in their tight work out clothes.  Plus I feel like I have to clean up and shower to go to the gym just to come home and take another one!  Yes, I'm probably being "weird", but that's me!

My always working hubby and I created a home gym in our spare bedroom.  It has a top of the line Bowflex Treadclimber with all the programs/bells/whistles, etc., and combines the workout of a treadmill and stairclimber - it goes from easy to very difficult - all levels - beginner to advanced.  It holds up to 300 lbs.  I also have a Bowflex Ultimate home weight lifting gym, and an AB lounger, some small free weights (1-10 lbs) and a Soloflex Vibration Platform whi*****reases your circulation.  Also have some in-home workout DVD's.

My problem is motivation!  My hubby is always working, I no longer work outside the home (unless it's pulling weeds or trying to keep up with our 8 acres (which has gotten nearly impossible) so I basically gave that up for now.  My old friends all still work and they never seem to have any spare time......etc.

To be honest it get's rather lonely out here in the country!  I need some exercise buddies and need to make new friends that I have things in common with - such as WLS/Obesity/love of animals, etc.  I had my RNY surgery on May 21st, 2009 and I admit I need and want help to get me on my exercise equipment so I can fully reap the benefits of my surgery!  In turn I offer you the use of my equipment without a bunch of little sexy things gawking at us, and hopefully new friendship.  I do also enjoy going out mall wandering, park walking if it's not too hot, zoo's, movies, Pike Place Market, other fun things to do during the days for an occasional outing too.  I don't mind driving and also enjoy some home crafts.  My newest hobby is making pretty medical alert bracelets.

In other words I'm often bored, get lonely, need exercise motivational help/workout buddy/buddies, because I don't want to turn back to FOOD!!!!  In turn I will provide you with motivation, help and friendship in your WL and forever keeping it off goals too. 

I consider myself a fairly nice, normal?? person - well I was morbidly obese - now just obese, but still obese and I do and always will understand morbidly obesity, etc.  I have a sense of humor, but am also a sympathetic person especially after working a few years at a retirement home and also living years with my struggling diets and obesity.  My children have left the nest and yes, I'm having empty nest syndrome!

I need new friends and exercise.  If you need the same and don't mind the drive to Maple Valley give me a call.  I'm usually free weekdays from 9 in the morning (I'm lazy and sleep in) til about 6 or 7 at night when hubby finally gets home.  Hubby is usually home weekends and I spend time with him - but heck I could even squeeze in time then too since he's usually busy on computer again!

If you don't know where Maple Valley is:  I'm about 20 minutes south of Issaquah, about 20 minutes NW of North Bend, 10 minutes N. of Covington, 15-20 minutes NE of Kent, 20 minutes more or less SE of Renton, 20-30 minutes from Auburn, 30 minutes from Federal Way.  Of course time depends on how fast you drive!

My email is:  [email protected] and my home phone is:  (425) 432-0156

Give me a call or email me if you're in or around the same boat I'm in.  Doesn't matter to me if you've had surgery, looking for surgery, thinking about surgery.  Whatever is fine with me.  I don't care about age either.  I'm in my mid fifties if you care about age.  I do have two gorgeous indoor cats - and two outdoor (mostly dogs).  So if you are highly allergic to kitties and still want to come workout - I'll hand you some kleenex!

Donna/ragadolly

mauringa
on 7/25/09 4:57 pm - Lacey , WA
Hey Donna---
   It's a bit too far for me---but I did want to say WOW---51 Lbs??? that is awsome---seem just like yesterday that you were just getting home from the hospital---LOL

Congrats---on the weight lose!

Maureen
Mdae
on 7/28/09 7:39 am
it's a little far for me as well (and i'm going to be incredibly busy very soon, with school and work), though it sounds like a great idea.  but i wanted to caution you against posting your email and phone number on here out in the open.  i would ask for  PM first or something?
curiousasacat
on 8/4/09 8:00 am - WA
It was sure great to see you today, Donna! Will be seeing you Thursday at 10AM

Kelly
mese22
on 9/2/09 6:13 pm

This sounds like something I would love to do but I am in the Puyallup area.  I would love to find a workout partner in this area.  Please email me if interested.

Donna Childress
on 9/9/09 6:44 am - Maple Valley, WA
Hi,
Thank you for your reply.  Unfortunately Puyallup is about about a 40 minute drive, or more from me here in Maple Valley.  My goal is to find someone nearby that has the time and the want to exercise with me during the days at least 2-3 times a week to drop the pounds and firm up faster and help keep each other motivated.  I've got wonderful exercise equipment in my home that my husband and I paid lots of bucks for and I'm looking for nearby new friends that want to partake in this venture together without the embarrasements of going out to exercise centers.  If you have the time and want to drive out here - you are very welcome.  My Bowflex Treadclimber is really simple and easy to use and it takes the weight off and firms much better and faster than plain walking and is much gentler on feet, hips, knees, etc.

Sincerely,
ragadolly/Donna

Most Active