Big News MAMC' Peops!!!

newlisab
on 7/23/09 3:39 pm
For good or bad...Meg is no longer the bariatric cooridinator.....
I called today and apparently she has taken another position..and there is another Gal in charge....She apparently is going to demand (or ask :<)) us to providediet and excerise journals BEFORE she will make the pych eval.....
Cathy R.
on 7/24/09 7:01 am - yelm, WA
Hey again from Yelm!

I saw your note about the change (Dr Martin hinted about this at my seminar, changes, I mean) and couldn't wait to call the clinic.  I have been leaving messages all week for Ms K. to call me so I was alreadty thinking about contacting the clinic.

Anyway I found out that Ms K. has taken another position somewhere else on Ft Lewis and the one who is handling the 'list' is Mrs V.  I called and talked to her briefly and she will know more about the 'list' next week.  I'll send you her full last name and new number in a PM.

The gentleman that answered the general surgery phone line said that the clinic is undergoing a lot of changes (maybe they got a new chief).
Cathy R    
rebeccaford
on 7/24/09 12:39 pm - Honolulu, HI
Meg Voekler is the is one who is leaving.  I think you may have them mixed up? 

Rebecca
3/23/2003 Open VBG
4/6/2009 Open RNY Revision
6/08/2011  - I've lost 155 lbs! size 8-10

Cathy R.
on 7/24/09 2:29 pm - yelm, WA
I believe that they are both gone. Could be mistaken but I have never spoke to 'Meg' and did ask for Ms K. by name and had her phone number which was followed by the information that I got from the clinic itself.  It is interesting to note that the new person had a different phone number then I orginally had.

BTW the Mrs V name I referenced isn't Voekler.
Cathy R    
Fr33P4m
on 7/24/09 7:12 am, edited 7/24/09 7:18 am
RNY on 12/04/12 with
This can't be good, I just have 1 appointment left before I was able to make my "Meg" appt. I do not have a journal. More stress, and yes I will have a little cheese with my whine.
rebeccaford
on 7/24/09 12:38 pm - Honolulu, HI
I had to show Meg my food journals.  You need to show that you are working on making better food choices or at least being conscious of everything you are putting in your mouth. 
Rebecca
3/23/2003 Open VBG
4/6/2009 Open RNY Revision
6/08/2011  - I've lost 155 lbs! size 8-10

newlisab
on 7/24/09 3:54 pm
It may be a big change then, cause I know Meg is gone, didnt know about Mrs K-
Oh well- we will get though guys!!!! Maybe the change will be good??  Lets all hope!!

Fr33P4m
on 7/29/09 7:17 am
RNY on 12/04/12 with
I finished my last class yesterday. I called yesterday and today and left a message.
I recieved a call back today and was told by the Nurse taking over (Pam) that she was trying to do some streamlining and that I could call tri care tomorrow and make my appt. for mental wellness. After Pam recieves the infromation from Mental Wellness she will call me and make an appt. to sit down with her. I would be sent up to general surgery from there to make my appt. with them.
This cuts out at least one appt. for me and I am good with that.
LisaAnn
on 7/29/09 3:12 pm - WA
GOOD news. I for one am all for streamlining the program! One less appt. is a GOOD thing!!!

Congrats, hope it goes by fast for ya!!!

Lisa

229 / 148/ 135
Open DS Surgery with Dr. Martin @ Madigan 
Revision from 2006 - VBG
Hernia repair and tummy tuck - 05/12/2010

Most Active