After 5 years I'm hopeful once again!

MacawMother
on 7/23/09 1:33 pm
I just signed up for coverage through my husband's job.  I called the insurance company (BCBS Basic Federal Plan) and they do cover WLS.  I will be enrolled the first of August and I will start the process all over again.  Five years ago I was denied by my insurance company and have just been hanging in there.  I'm really excited to get the ball rolling again!  The good thing this time is a co-worker is going to have WLS too.  She was approved before and wasn't able to go through with it due to family emergencies.  She's now going to start the process all over again.  We should be able to support one another through this journey. 

I'm in Spokane and looking into the Rockwood Clinic's Dr. Rawlins or Dr. Bright.   The last time I saw Dr. Schrock and because he only does Open RNY and he's only working part time I've decided to see a different surgeon this time around.

MacawMother
PinkFlamingoes
on 7/23/09 3:34 pm - Buckley, WA
That's great news ! Congratulations ! Make sure to keep us updated . I may not post a whole lot these days , but I love keeping up on everyone .

giver44
on 7/24/09 2:05 am - Post Falls, ID
Good for you!!!  You have chosen well.  There is 3 doctors here now and they are all supreme.  Please feel free to join us at our support group meetings.  The first Tuesday and/or the 3rd  Thursday. A wonderful group of people.  Alice
(deactivated member)
on 7/27/09 4:25 am
Congrats!  Keep us posted!  I do so love a happy ending.
camcormom
on 8/11/09 10:00 am
Congratulations!!
Most Active