Dr. in Bellevue

Melissa W.
on 7/20/09 2:08 pm - Nashville, TN
Someone had wrote about a Dr in Bellevue but I can't find the post or remember the name. I just got WA State Medical because they have deided I can not work for the time being. I have heard Dr. Oh is a great Dr. but my sister had met him and advised that she did not feel he is the dr for me. Any other suggestions. I live in Enumclaw. My PCP has mentioned WLS and he is in Aunburn but said he did not know if they would pay for it. I want to call an office tomorrow to see if they can tell me if they would pay but I thought maybe someone here would know.
pam H.
on 7/20/09 4:30 pm - Renton, WA
Dr David Lauter in Bellevue did my Lap RNY at Overlake. I highly recommend him! I haven't had any problems, and am very pleased with my weight loss. He does lap band, RNY , the sleeve , and revisions. Check out " Find a surgeon " above, and you can read other's reviews . I consulted with 3
surgeons, and I know I made the best choice for me. God luck to you! I am not sure about insurance but Kelli, his ofice manager is very knowledgable and helpful with insurance issues.

Pam M.
on 7/20/09 5:52 pm - WA
I believe it was my posting, also about Dr. Lauter. He is awesome, you should give him a call.

~My story on my revision to RNY from the lap-band is in my profile~

Melissa W.
on 7/21/09 8:51 am - Nashville, TN
I talked to Kelli today and she is great. She said I cannot use their office but gave me a number to get more info. I was sad but... basically I would have to go to University of Washington. And, the state will not cover you except if you are a certain type of diabetic or if you have issues with major weight bearing joints. And, it has to require joint replacement. So, not sure I can get qualified now. I can't believe that they will put out so much money for other things but not make it more attainable especially being the Dr is saying I cannot work with the weight and that this is needed. We will see what happens! Thanks ladies!
Pam M.
on 7/21/09 10:35 am - WA
Good luck to you. I'm sorry you cannot go to Dr. Lauter, he is great. I hope you find an answer and can have your surgery.

~My story on my revision to RNY from the lap-band is in my profile~

Melissa W.
on 8/22/09 12:35 pm - Nashville, TN
I had to look back at this post now that I have some news and also to look up the lady's name at Dr. Lauter's office that helped me so much. I want to call and update her. But, for the news... I will have to go to UW for it but it seems like if I do the 6 month porgram I should do fine in qualifying for it according to my PCP who is fab! I do have to submit a form to get approved to start the program but I am pretty excited and think I will try to get Dr. Oelschlager for my surgeon. I have already emailed him with info and ?s. I don't want anything to go wrong. As for my sister, it is fun to go with her to meet the plastic surgeoun and hear what he says so I have a lot to look forward to myself... lower body lift... 12000.00 oh my! I just can't wait to have my program approved so I can just start. Have to lose 5% so about 20 lbs and I know I can do that... Yay! Thanks everyone!
rebeccaford
on 7/21/09 12:02 pm - Honolulu, HI
Were you not able to get onto Tricare?  Good luck, dear.  I hope you can get this straightened out and get the relief you need.

Rebecca
3/23/2003 Open VBG
4/6/2009 Open RNY Revision
6/08/2011  - I've lost 155 lbs! size 8-10

Most Active