I DID IT....

Sheryl R.
on 7/20/09 3:52 pm - Buckley, WA

Way to go, Jami!
Do you think losing weight has helped to empower you?  The best to you!
Sheryl

Only "obese" now!

juicyprincess
on 7/21/09 1:26 am - Tacoma, WA
Thanks and yes i do. Something i read while preop and getting ready was a phrase i have never forgotten, "Redesign your life", from top to bottom to make myself happy and create the life i always wanted (gut the interior, leave only the beams behind and start fresh). I read that, thought about it and knew i needed to to that. I looked inside and saw a lot missing, wondered what would fill it and began to just slowly awnser myself.
I hope you all go to the goals section and add and add and add stuff, i add every week or 2 when i come up with something new.

starting:282
6/25/09: 232.2
val_aiken
on 7/21/09 5:20 am - Port Angeles, WA
From a former Massage therapist you are going into a great field.  Best of Luck
Val

juicyprincess
on 7/21/09 6:21 am - Tacoma, WA
thanks so much!
U r still preop? nice choice in surgeon

val_aiken
on 7/21/09 6:47 am - Port Angeles, WA
Surgery in Dec.  Im on my supervised diet.  Started Saturday.  The nut has me on 2 days shakes/clear liquids alternating with 3 days high protein no carbs. 

I worked as a massage therapist in South Carolina for 10 years, set up massage schools.  WA state rejected my credentials so I have to start over.  I doing medical assistanting instead.  I loved doing massage however.  IF I can help in anyway let me know
Val

juicyprincess
on 7/22/09 1:02 am - Tacoma, WA
WOW, crazy. And thanks!
Good luck and keep me posted on your progress, that liquid diet is a bugger!

pnw
on 7/23/09 12:34 pm - Vashon, WA
 I am a massage junkie.  I know you will need bodies to work on - count me in!!!

You are rewriting your blueprint.  Good for you.  Every step we take - all of us - is changing where we've come from and where we WERE heading.  

You must be happy for you first before you can help others in their happiness.  

Be happy.
Mary
Vashon
Think of where you've been ~ Dream of where you are going
Share your goals with others and pay it forward.

PinkFlamingoes
on 7/23/09 3:48 pm - Buckley, WA
Jami , That is wonderful ! There are few things better than a good massage , in my opinion .I think it's great you are going for your dream . Life is too short to waste it in an unhappy job .  Unfortunately , I can't make much money with my hobbies . I tried . So , thank goodness I love the people I work with (DD) . I just dislike the bureaucracy .

sassietigger
on 7/26/09 6:41 pm
I'm so proud of you Jami... Hey and my birthday is in March, so what a perfect time to get a massage :)  woo hoo... Like Helen said.... It will be nice to see a MT that understands the whole WLS aspect of our bodies
~ Terri ~
 Pre Op 293, Surgery 258, Current 163 Goal 150

tinyshad
on 7/26/09 11:56 pm - Rainier, WA
You are my hero!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charmayne

Most Active