Looking for support group near vashon

pnw
on 7/17/09 7:41 am, edited 7/17/09 8:05 am - Vashon, WA
Hi
I am looking for a support group near Vashon.  I work in Seattle but hate staying to the long hours on the weekdays. 
Maybe a weekend group?
Maybe a new group is needed?

I am scheduled for surgery in Sept. 2009.  Would love to hear from others in the area who might be interested in the above or who have info I can use. 

Also
Anybody going to the OH event in August in Bellevue?

Thanks
Mary
Think of where you've been ~ Dream of where you are going
Share your goals with others and pay it forward.

curiousasacat
on 7/18/09 12:00 pm - WA
I hope to go to the OH event in August. Are you going? Maybe you can get some attention to setting up a support group near Vashon.     Kelly
pnw
on 7/19/09 9:34 am - Vashon, WA
 Hi Kelly
Yes, I think I might go on Sat.  I hope to have the final insurance approval by then.  I still feel like it can go the other way until I get the letter in hand.  

I am hoping the event provides samples of protein powder/drinks as well as liquid vits.  I do take a handful of vit everyday and would miss that support.  I know there are liquid vit out there - I just want the best for WLS.

I still feel it is not real yet.  The 'diet' I am on now - is the watch what you eat diet for now and well - it's going as well as any other diet I have been on!!!  I think the pre surgery 1000 cal diet will be my kick butt diet.  

I fear failure.  That is why I did not opt for the lapband.  

So much to think about.
Thanks for your reply
mary 

Think of where you've been ~ Dream of where you are going
Share your goals with others and pay it forward.

Most Active