missjewell
on 7/13/09 7:50 am - WA
Are the surrounding area??
kaiti1965
on 7/14/09 3:57 am - Wenatchee, WA
I live in Wenatchee..... where are you?  Kathy
missjewell
on 7/14/09 4:02 am - WA
I am in Wenatchee.....Nice to see some from here. Have you had surgery yet?
kaiti1965
on 7/14/09 4:04 am - Wenatchee, WA
No, I was recently laid off of work, and need to get insurance that will cover it.  Otherwise I cant afford it.  How about you?
missjewell
on 7/14/09 9:07 am - WA

I amhoping to have it soon, I submitted paperwork about 2 weeks ago, but told I might get denied because I haven't done the 6 month diet.......So I have 1 down 5 to go and then hopefully I either get approved are plan to have it done Feb/March.

kaiti1965
on 7/14/09 9:15 am - Wenatchee, WA
where do you work and what insurance do you have?
missjewell
on 7/14/09 10:33 am - WA

I am homemaker, but I am using the insurance my husband has. Highmark BCBS

kaiti1965
on 7/14/09 10:38 am - Wenatchee, WA
Good for you, my husbands insurace doesnt even cover it... I wish you luck.  Do you know who you want to have your surgery with and what type of surgery you want?
missjewell
on 7/14/09 10:43 am - WA

I am having the lap band, I already went through the process of meeting the requirments at the center I choose, Northwest Weightloss Center in Everett. I met with Alana Chock the surgeon and the physc, and the nut.
Got my okay from them, went to billing got a 30 page packet ready to submit and then I found out that I didn't fully meet the 6 month diet requirment but I had a lot of solid info to why I needed surgery.
So I had her run it, and then we crossed our fingers and I went home and started a proper 6 month diet.

I called INS and it is review, so I have about 2 more weeks before we get answer.

If it's denied I will finish out my 6 months and then resubmit and get approved for sure.

kaiti1965
on 7/14/09 12:29 pm - Wenatchee, WA
Well good luck.  Im glad its working out well for you....  let me know how it goes.   Kathy
Most Active