My Pathways classes have begun!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 7/14/09 1:47 pm
yay for BOTH of us starting our pathway classes!  I'm calling tomorrow morning to see if I can get in the nutrition class for August 4th.
LisaAnn
on 7/15/09 1:10 pm - WA
Hi Ashley!! Glad you made it over here!!!

Good luck on getting an August 4th date for nutrition...I am going to do the same thing!

Lisa

229 / 148/ 135
Open DS Surgery with Dr. Martin @ Madigan 
Revision from 2006 - VBG
Hernia repair and tummy tuck - 05/12/2010

(deactivated member)
on 7/15/09 2:27 pm
I called the clinic today, she said they were ALL booked as of now into September, but I left my number and she said she'd call me if there were an opening, I'm not sure how many people she said that to though, worth a try though, right?
Cathy R.
on 7/15/09 10:59 am - yelm, WA
Hey Hey Hey that is great! 

May I ask what number you are/were?  Who is doing your surgery and what kiind?

Cathy R    
LisaAnn
on 7/15/09 1:12 pm - WA

You know, I was never told what my number was??? SO I have no idea. I attended the first Orientation meeting on March 5, and began Pathways on July 13. So it took 4 months to get in. I hear it is random on the length of time, give or take a month or so.

I am not sure who my surgeon will be, and am getting the DS as my revision surgery.

Good luck to you! Where are you in the process??

Lisa

229 / 148/ 135
Revision from 2006 - VBG

Cathy R.
on 7/15/09 2:40 pm - yelm, WA
Just past the seminar stage.  I went to another seminar on Monday with Dr Alperovich in Lakewood and was surprised by the AD there,  Anyhow I'm torn between the band and the sleeve and currently only the AD military spouses can get it done off base.  My husband is retired and I am on Medicare, and they don't pay for the sleeve at all (Medicare),

The band seems to not be a problem.  My husband and daughter like the band and I do have MS to think about.  But I'm still researching with an office visit scheduled with Dr. Alperovich and another semina scheduled with SW Washington Medical Center.  So far the only thing that I have ruled out for myself is the RNY and ruled in laprascopic..

I'm #271 and have been told to expect a four month wait for pathways.  I get dizzy with the choices so it is a good thing to have time.

WOW, that's long winded but more about you.  I'm so happy for you and will be watching for your updates.
Cathy R    
LisaAnn
on 7/15/09 3:07 pm - WA
My husband is retired too. He was Navy. The 4 months really flew by...don't even ask me how, cuz I am the most impatient person in the world, but it really did. Also, I was told that in the fall, several doctors return, so maybe the wait wont be as long for you????

I am told the surgeons at Madigan are excellent, so if  you go that route, you will surely be in good hands.

Just my opinion, but IF you want the sleeve, then I would wait the 4 months to begin pathways rather than get  your second choice sooner. TRUST me, you do not want to end up in my shoes, and seeking a revision! Again, this is just my opinion! 

I wish you good luck!!!!!! 

Lisa

Lisa

229 / 148/ 135
Revision from 2006 - VBG

Tania I.
on 7/22/09 9:27 am - McChord AFB, WA
Hey all  my fellow Madigan people!!!

I am soo glad to be done with the pathway! I am scheduled to meet with Dr. Martin on Aug. 11. I hope to have my surgery in the beg. of Sept.

Anyone recently have the VSG?? That's the one I'm leaning towards. Any thoughts about it? See ya'll at a support group soon!
Most Active