My Pathways classes have begun!!!!

LisaAnn
on 7/13/09 9:16 am - WA
I am sooooo happy to say that I have officially began my Pathway's classes!!! Met with Meg today and had her initial class, and got to schedule two of my classes!!! I am just thrilled to be beginning!

Meg said realistically, I can expect to have my surgery around November....NOT BAD AT ALL!!!! I am actually happy with that! I was hoping for sooner OF COURSE, but was aiming for anything this year, and Novermber is just fine! So that is good!!!

Tomorrow I have one class....Stress Mgmt. I think.....then the support group after.

Kim or Rebecca, will you be at tomorrow's support meeting?? I would love to meet you guys! If not, I can attend the follwoing Tuesday, because that is when I have my next appt.

Well, just thought I'd share my awesome news!!!

I am sooooooooo tired....2 hour drive each way just wiped me out!

Lisa

229 / 148/ 135
Open DS Surgery with Dr. Martin @ Madigan 
Revision from 2006 - VBG
Hernia repair and tummy tuck - 05/12/2010

newlisab
on 7/13/09 9:30 am
Hey- again it was nice to meet you today!!

Call the Nutrition office straight away in the morning...I called right before 4 and my ref. was in and Tricare said I would have to wait 2 days for approval- but I called directly and got that nice gal who was trying to help us- she penciled me in for the 11th ( the books arent actually open yet,so its tentative)...the occupational health we'll have to wait the 2 days for that approval-
So after tomorrow we'll have 2 requirements knocked OUT plus 2 more on the books!!
mauringa
on 7/13/09 9:51 am - Lacey , WA
Congrats!  That is so awesome---I had to wait 2 days and book all my appointments through the Tri-care appointment line---going directly to the clinics is awesome!

It is going to fly by!

Again----- congratulations!
And best of luck!
Maureen
micheleshelly
on 7/13/09 11:39 am - Yelm, WA
Lisa,

Congrats!. I can feel your excitement. The fact that you where told Nov. for surgery is great. It seems that the time frame is actually getting shorter for people now. I know it probably feels like a long time to you, but really that is only 4 months - not bad.

I found the support group to be great. Anytime I had a class before, I would then attend the support group. It is great to be around people that or pre-op and post-op and hear their stories. I would encourage you to attend the support group all that you can if you have appointments on the same day.

I am sure that your drive will get old, but it will give you time to reflect on your upcoming adventures.

Michele

ladyjake
on 7/13/09 11:40 am - Lacey, WA
Congratulations!! Good luck with your classes. You are on your way now.
See ya on the other side of Skinnyville!!

rebeccaford
on 7/13/09 11:40 am - Honolulu, HI
Yeah Lisa!  I'm so glad I logged in today.  I was hoping to hear an update.  Yes, barring a total meltdown at work I'll be there. 

I'm glad you are on the pathway!  November will be here before you know it! 

See you tomorrow!

Rebecca
Rebecca
3/23/2003 Open VBG
4/6/2009 Open RNY Revision
6/08/2011  - I've lost 155 lbs! size 8-10

LisaAnn
on 7/13/09 1:07 pm - WA
Thank you all SO MUCH for all of your support.  You honestly have no idea how much it means to me!!!!

I am in such a good mood today! It is happening!!

One question though, can kids attend any of the support group meetings??? Is it acceptable, or completely not allowed, or frowned upon???

Thanks all!!!

Lisa

229 / 148/ 135
Open DS Surgery with Dr. Martin @ Madigan 
Revision from 2006 - VBG
Hernia repair and tummy tuck - 05/12/2010

rebeccaford
on 7/13/09 4:28 pm - Honolulu, HI
I've seen a teenager once, but never kids.  I would call the Nutrition Clinic and verify, though.  That's where the support group meetings are held. 

See you tomorrow!
Rebecca
3/23/2003 Open VBG
4/6/2009 Open RNY Revision
6/08/2011  - I've lost 155 lbs! size 8-10

jillianD
on 7/14/09 1:30 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
I don't know about the classes but no kids at support group, adult topics ya know.    Don't want to scare them!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Turtle13
on 7/13/09 4:09 pm - WA
Hi Lisa,

I will be there tomorrow! Looking forward to meeting up with you at the Support Group.
Turtle   
SW/CW~252/145
Most Active