Sad news :-(

Beetle
on 7/12/09 11:36 am - Brisbane (Norman Park), Australia

The time has come to pack up and go back to Australia, no more extension to our "2 year" contract.

After more than seven years of calling this our home and growing very fond of it, we have to pack up and return to our other home.

Hopefully our tenants will leave our house in time for us to move back in.

We get to have our trip to Germany (July 17 to August 12), and then we start packing up.

We don't know the exact date yet, but we will leave some time between August 31st and mid September.

I will miss a lot of people,  my home, the pretty Washington State, and more…….. heck,  maybe I'll even miss the rain at times.

I will miss support groups, because I don't think I'll have much luck finding them in Oz. I have no idea how I'll go finding protein shakes and all the other stuff, either.

We are all very, very sad - nobody in my family is ready to leave, we would have so loved a few more years over here.

On oh.com I'll keep hanging around the WA board, just because I'll leave such a big chunk of my heart over here and I'd miss you guys too much.

If you ever want to come visit Brisbane, Australia, make sure to drop in and visit. You'd all be welcome to our guest bed (one at a time, please, don't jump the line and push others out the way, ok?).

Hi, I'm Karin  Start 310 / Surgery 283 / Current 168 / Goal 150
Would you like help with a photo or avatar? Contact me ...

Mandy_
on 7/12/09 1:12 pm - cincinnati, OH
hugs.  have a safe trip.  I hope you can come back sometime???

Mandy, Mom to Jordan (5), Kaida (3) and Luken (born 12/5/09) Army wife!   HW:351 / SW: 328 / CW:149/ Goal weight...what is that?

Lilypie - (Q3jk)

S.A.R.A.
on 7/12/09 2:39 pm - Tacoma, WA
I am horribly saddened by this news. I have come to think of you as a good friend and inspiration to my own Weight loss goals. I hope we can get together before you leave of the other side of the world.

Please keep in touch.

Best Wishes!!

~Michelle
~M

You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.
~~Eleanor Roosevelt

Kathy P.
on 7/12/09 5:27 pm - Port Orchard, WA
Safe journey's Karen. Best wishes to you and your family...

Hugs,
Kathy
Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up.
It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.
Every morning in
Africa, a lion wakes up.
It knows that it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.
It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle
when the sun comes up you'd better be running.

RNY 2/9/09  Buh bye Gallbladder 8/28/09; 100% EWL (181 lbs.) on 2/19/10;
sassietigger
on 7/12/09 6:20 pm
oh Karin,

I am sad also, as I was really enjoying the few times we've been able to chat at the support group meetings... i can't imagine how difficult this will be on the whole famiy.

i remember feeling so uprooted when we moved to america to begin with when i was 14... i've become so adjusted now, that i think i'd have a really hard time going back to england....

i'm glad that you are going to stick around the WA board... it just wouldn't be the same without you. 

have a safe & enjoyable trip to germany....

are you going to the walk on tuesday for dr s. support group meeting? i plan on going...

if i ever get the opportunity to go to australia, i'll definately take you up on the visit :)
~ Terri ~
 Pre Op 293, Surgery 258, Current 163 Goal 150

Merrilou Gronholdt
on 7/13/09 6:34 am - WA
So sorry to hear you have to leave!  Just remember there is a reason for everything. Have a safe and happy trip! If you are not too busy packing we will be learninng a line dance at the support group meeting on August 12th. We can make it a dance lesson and fair well party!!

Best Wishes Merrilou
mauringa
on 7/13/09 10:06 am - Lacey , WA
Karen---
   Being a military wife I am all too familiar with the sadness you are dealing with at the moment---I am so sorry it is hard to leave a place that you have learned to call home!  

Please keep us posted!---You will be greatly missed!

Maureen
curiousasacat
on 7/13/09 11:43 am - WA
Awww... I'm gonna miss seeing you... thanks for being a "photographer" for the past year.  Really appreciate that.

Dapme
on 7/13/09 2:12 pm - kingwood, TX
I am sorry to hear that Karin!

We will have to have a big get together when you return from Germany!

Denise
juicyprincess
on 7/14/09 3:02 am - Tacoma, WA

Thanks for all your contribution and help on these boards.
i am glad you will still be around in this way. there are worse things then going home to australia (nice nice)>>>>

xoxox

starting:282
6/25/09: 232.2
Most Active