OMG, THE MOST AMAZING THING HAPPENED TO ME!!!!

ga_ginger_10
on 7/9/09 11:32 am - Atlanta, GA
OMG, The most amazing thing happened to me the other day!!!!  Go to my blog to read about it!

www.gingerrock.blogspot.com

I know you guys will understand!!!!!

Ginger
PinkFlamingoes
on 7/9/09 3:26 pm - Buckley, WA
That was really cool . But , I don't know how i'd feel if a girl jogged by me & said they liked my thighs . lol .

Beetle
on 7/10/09 12:00 am - Brisbane (Norman Park), Australia
LOL I loved your story - your joy and excitement came through loud and clear and I am thrilled for you! 

And yes, I do fully understand it!

I was looking at a clearance rack in Walmart recently. Another shopper, a very chatty lady, held out a top towards me and said: "You should try this on, it would look great on you".
Then she studied the size tag, and said: "Looks like it is exactly your size, too".
The tag said 12 - 14, and I was tickled pink that someone else realized I would, in fact, fit into that instead of the 26 - 28 I would have needed a year ago :-)

Nobody with any grace or manners would have even referred to my size back then...... the fact that she DID was enough in itself. Yes, 12 - 14 is still reasonably big, but nothing I feel embarrassed about anymore, so I was stoked!

You're looking great and you're obviously maintaining due to all your hard work..... keep it up, well done!

Hi, I'm Karin  Start 310 / Surgery 283 / Current 168 / Goal 150
Would you like help with a photo or avatar? Contact me ...

ga_ginger_10
on 7/10/09 2:40 am - Atlanta, GA
That is awesome....it is so funny that the little things mean so much to us!  Other people of average weight just don't get it!  When you have come from where we did....
sometimes it is just shocking when people say something like that!

You keep up the good work!!! I know I had wasted 40 years of my life being obese....and now all I want to do is live!!!!!  DO ALL THE THINGS I ALWAYS DREAMED OF.

Much Love,

Ginger
Mdae
on 7/11/09 2:06 pm
that's pretty funny, but i totally get it. 
newlisab
on 7/15/09 3:15 pm
That is awesome!!!  Just goes to show us that maybe our 'flaws' arent so bad after all!!!
Your achievements are too many to count- your truly an inspiration!!
ga_ginger_10
on 7/15/09 10:09 pm - Atlanta, GA

Hello,

I know I don't know if it is because we are women that we do that, but I think it is....

Have a wonderful day!

Ginger

Most Active