Yippee!! August 4th

ladyjake
on 7/6/09 3:16 pm, edited 7/7/09 12:06 pm - Lacey, WA
Finally after 11 months, I will get my surgery on August 4th.  It seems like a lifetime ago that I attended the informational seminar at Madigan on Sept 4, 2008. Then the next step was to attend the Pathway, which was my first meeting with Meg on Feb. 2nd.  Over the next four months I attended  the different classes and then the final meeting with Meg to receive my "passport" to see the surgeon on May 1st.

My first meeting with the surgeon was on May 15th. Due to other medical problems I did not get my surgery date. Returned to the surgeon on June 15th, and got my surgery date of AUGUST 4th
rebeccaford
on 7/7/09 1:30 am - Honolulu, HI
Congratulations!  I hope time flies by for you!
Rebecca
3/23/2003 Open VBG
4/6/2009 Open RNY Revision
6/08/2011  - I've lost 155 lbs! size 8-10

rebeccaford
on 7/7/09 1:33 am - Honolulu, HI
Who is your surgeon?  There's a support group meeting today @ 3pm in the Nutrition Clinic and there is an evening support group on Thursdays from 5-7pm in the ACS Building.  Hope to see you there. 

Support group was a major factor I think in my failure from my first surgery.  Anyway...no pressure :-)  Again, congrats!
Rebecca
3/23/2003 Open VBG
4/6/2009 Open RNY Revision
6/08/2011  - I've lost 155 lbs! size 8-10

ladyjake
on 7/7/09 1:42 am, edited 7/7/09 2:04 am - Lacey, WA
Dr. Carter. Yes, I attended about 4 of the support group meetings while I was going through the Pathway. I will return to them before the end of the month, however Hubby Love is about to deploy within the month. Just need to get as much time with him as I can.

Thank you, I look forward to meeting you at one of the meetings.

See ya on the other side of Skinnyville!!

LisaAnn
on 7/7/09 10:12 am - WA
Congratulations!!!!!!! August 4th will be here so quickly!!

Also, thanks for the timeline...it helps those of us in "WAITING".

I see Meg for my first Pathway class Monday, so it is dragging along for me!

I went to my first Orientation on March 5th....

Well, anyway, CONGRATS!!!!!!!

Lisa

229 / 148/ 135
Open DS Surgery with Dr. Martin @ Madigan 
Revision from 2006 - VBG
Hernia repair and tummy tuck - 05/12/2010

jillianD
on 7/7/09 11:16 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Hey congrats!!  Aug 4th will be here before you know it!   Will hubby still be home when you have surgery?  He will be so surprised to see you when he comes back for R&R.  I speak from experience.  I lost most of my weight while mine was gone too. 

Well good luck!!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

ladyjake
on 7/7/09 12:14 pm - Lacey, WA
ladyjake
on 7/7/09 12:03 pm, edited 7/7/09 12:05 pm - Lacey, WA
Thank you! No, HL (Hubby Love) will be gone by the time I have the surgery. As for surprised with the weight loss, he may or may not be.  When he and I married I was a size 5 and by the time we married I was a size 10.  I just hope that he can get used to the smaller bust size.

At least I will have plenty to keep me busy during the deployment: attending school, taking care of the kids, and exercising to get in shape while losing weight.

See ya on the other side of Skinnyville!!

mauringa
on 7/7/09 1:52 pm - Lacey , WA
Congratulation! 

The next few weeks will fly by!---Believe me!

Maureen
PinkFlamingoes
on 7/7/09 3:20 pm - Buckley, WA
Congratulations !!!

Most Active