Two-month surgiversary and new profile pics

Kathy H.
on 7/4/09 6:10 am, edited 7/5/09 4:00 am - Kent, WA
WLS is something that warps time, isn't it? A huge event, like a wedding or a death or the birth of a baby.

It seems like 100 years ago that I was in New Jersey, nervous as a cat, being rolled into surgery. But at the same time it seems like just yesterday.

All I can tell you is it's been two linear months ... ~laughing~

I'm in a routine, now, and it feels GOOD to be in a routine. I guess I've survived my first stall ... the scale didn't move for about two and a half weeks. This morning, on the two-month anniversary of Dr Greenbaum's magic, the scale finally moved for me!

Yay for me!

I'm down a total of 61 pounds (including my two-week pre-op liquid diet), and feeling pretty darned good. I'm a regular shopper at the local Goodwill, and have plenty of clothes to keep me looking semi-professional at work, and I'm eating well. This morning I had a very rare protein shake (I haven't been able to stomach them until now), and though I don't actually count how many grams of protein I eat or how many grams of carbs I consume, I know I'm following the rules - always reaching for protein and keeping a tight limit on carbs.

I've added a bunch of "before and during" photos to my profile, if anyone is interested.

Have a fun and safe 4th of July, everyone.

xoxox

Kathy

Edited to add: I've recently set my photo albums to "friends only." If you're not a friend and would like to be one, please PM me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you considered the Duodenal Switch? Information is power.

Beetle
on 7/4/09 7:38 am - Brisbane (Norman Park), Australia
Another shrinking woman and ALREADY more than a third of the way there!

Looking good, Kathy, I do hope I'll get to check you out in person at a support group very soon.

Big pat on the back!

Hi, I'm Karin  Start 310 / Surgery 283 / Current 168 / Goal 150
Would you like help with a photo or avatar? Contact me ...

mwa9401
on 7/4/09 1:49 pm - Bonney Lake, WA

I would love help with the avatar if possible. 
Thanks, Mari

Judy O.
on 7/4/09 2:16 pm - Tacoma (Parkland), WA
FANTASTIC! I hope you're feeling as well as you look!
Most Active