Stalls...

sassietigger
on 6/30/09 1:52 am
Just a quick question... besides the normal response of "increase your exercise"...

what can I do to help jump start a stall.  I've been floating from 172 to 176 since the middle of May... it's frustrating...

I have a friend that is stuck too ... any suggestions....
~ Terri ~
 Pre Op 293, Surgery 258, Current 163 Goal 150

Beetle
on 6/30/09 3:02 am - Brisbane (Norman Park), Australia
How about marinating yourself in green tea? That stuff is supposed to boost your metabolism.

Hi, I'm Karin  Start 310 / Surgery 283 / Current 168 / Goal 150
Would you like help with a photo or avatar? Contact me ...

sassietigger
on 6/30/09 4:06 pm
I drink about 2-4 cups of green tea (hot with splenda and a splash of milk) daily.  so i'm not sure how much more i can consume of it. lol.

I think overall looking at my actual consumption, i've been eating too many bad carbs and not enuf good stuff or protein.  so i've started writing in my journal again, and forcing myself to take more vitamins... granted i'm not back up to our dr's standards.... but i'm trying.  (i'm sure i'll hear from him on that subject come monday. ugh) lol.

thanks for responding Karin
~ Terri ~

maxs_mom
on 6/30/09 3:15 am, edited 6/30/09 3:16 am - Auburn, WA
Hola, chica!

Have you tried actually eating more?  I don't mean going crazy and downing a dozen crispy creme donuts daily; I mean adding perhaps some complex carbs in two or three mini-snacks in addition to your regular routine?  Some ideas that I like are a slice of good cinammon raisin toast with a tsp of peanut butter, a wasa cracker with a slice of cheese, half of a small baked potato spritzed with italian dressing, etc.  I know it's odd, but increasing my caloric intake between 100-200 daily when I'm in a stall seems to work by resetting my metabolism. I probably do this once every few weeks - for three or four days.  Of course, when it's that special time of the month, well, then all bets are off!

Keep up the good work!

Amy

sassietigger
on 6/30/09 4:08 pm
like i said to Karin, i think i've been eating toooo much "junky carbs"... so i'm trying to start with a cleanner plate so to speak and get back to being more focused....

in my mind i wanted to be in the 160's for my next appointment... but at this point i just want to get back to being focused on my health again...

thanks for the response Amy.... luvs ya
~ Terri ~

juicyprincess
on 7/2/09 1:05 am - Tacoma, WA
if it were me, i would email Eggface. she has been so helpful to me and i think as far out as she is, and as connected as she is, she is a good resource!

starting:282
6/25/09: 232.2
heyheyhey
on 7/1/09 12:22 am - WA
Weight loss is not always steady.  I know I have gone months the same weight but my clothes have gotten bigger or magicly the scale will go woosh and I will drop a few lbs.    I think you are putting to much focus on the scale, my suggestion would be to stay away from it for a little while. 
sassietigger
on 7/1/09 4:04 pm
in so many areas i do agree with you, and i "know" i am too focused on the scale... but i also "know" me... and though I had this surgery to help me attain my goals of better eating... i also know that without the constant reminder i would / could easily slip back into eating the wrong things and / or too much so the weight would trickle back on.  i need the daily reminder that i was given a choice... and i chose to have the surgery and to get to a healthy weight... without that reminder (still being less than a year out) i am scared i'd be one of the statistics that had wls and failed....
thanks for your thoughts... my clothes have gotten looser and i am feeling more confident and comfortable in my body, so i'm trying to focus on the "new" me but just be aware of the numbers... hope that makes sense.
~ Terri ~

jillianD
on 7/1/09 11:39 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Lotta people have a big stall right around the 6 month mark.  You just have to be patient and make sure you are getting in enough calories.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Most Active