Anyone doing the Shore 5K tomorrow?

Nicki H.
on 6/27/09 6:26 am - WA
Lap Band on 08/12/08 with
Just checking....it's my first and I am really excited.

I delivered 6 weeks early a 5lb 15oz lil boy:)  After spending 2 months on bed rest in the hospital and Mason spending 11 days in the NICU, we're both home and doing great!  Mason is getting bigger and gaining weight like he should.  Now it's my turn to lose this weight!  It's tough to get back on the band wagon...I CAN do this!

sassietigger
on 6/28/09 12:55 am
obviously this is late... and no i didn't do it... but would love to do a 5k....

how was it?  any plans to do another one?
~ Terri ~
 Pre Op 293, Surgery 258, Current 163 Goal 150

Nicki H.
on 6/28/09 10:58 am - WA
It was great!  Had my 2 kids so it took a little longer than it should've, but finished in under an hour:)  Yes, I do plan on doing more.  There is a Swedish SummeRun & Walk on  July 26th.  If I am not working then I think I may sign up for that. 

I delivered 6 weeks early a 5lb 15oz lil boy:)  After spending 2 months on bed rest in the hospital and Mason spending 11 days in the NICU, we're both home and doing great!  Mason is getting bigger and gaining weight like he should.  Now it's my turn to lose this weight!  It's tough to get back on the band wagon...I CAN do this!

juicyprincess
on 7/2/09 1:38 am - Tacoma, WA

i too want to try and do some runs (5k is a littler run right?). I am want to try jogging once i get under 200 just because my knees are friendly right now and dont want to anger them. I am still early out so its just falling off. should be near goal running weight soon.

If you are an avid runner/jogger, can you please let me know of local runs that arent too much for a starter?
Thanks!!!

U go girl!

How did it go?

starting:282
6/25/09: 232.2
Nicki H.
on 7/2/09 2:57 am - WA

Morning!  5k's from what I have seen are either walk or run.  I do the walk because I am just starting out.  Looks like we are at about the same spot, weight wise. Although I am 11 months out from being banded:)  I am thinking about doing the Torchlite...it's a walk/run also.  The good thing that I experienced with this one I did was doing the walk you can also run, it's all at our pace.  I know it's not too expensive.  U want to do it together? 
Where do you live?  I am in Pacific...maybe we could meet up...

Sun was good.  I had both my kids with me, so my 3 yr old walked/ran about 1/2 of it so that slowed us down a lot, but oh well.

juicyprincess
on 7/2/09 3:46 am - Tacoma, WA
we did start at similar weight and are at similar weight now too (how cool).
I live in Tacoma...where is Pacific?
when is the Torchlight (and where)? what is the distance of it (is it also a 5K)? I think i would die if i brought my boy (4yrs old) he would out run me and fall and cry and it would be a disaster (he is a handful for sure).
That might be fun.
you can PM me more if you like and depending oh where its at, how long it is, when it is, we might just do that together (you might have yoruself a date mama!)

starting:282
6/25/09: 232.2
Most Active