Anybody starting Madigan's Pathways tomorrow?

Turtle13
on 6/21/09 11:30 am - WA
Hello,

I thought I was starting the Pathways next Monday, but thank goodness my phone reminder came on. I am actually starting Pathways tomorrow at Madigan. Anybody else starting tomorrow? I am excited to finally get started. I am nervous because it is actually starting. I am just a ball of emotions today. If you are starting, are you bringing a support person with you or going alone?

Okay, I hope everyone is well and had a great weekend!
Turtle   
SW/CW~252/145
LisaAnn
on 6/21/09 3:21 pm - WA
Funny, I was just thinking about you as I logged into the Washington site! I was thinking you had a week, but that is FANTASTIC!!!! I wish I was going with you, but mine is on the 13th of July!

You will have to let me know what happens and how it goes!!!

I am just soooo excited for you!!!!!!

Step one, check!

Lisa

229 / 148/ 135
Open DS Surgery with Dr. Martin @ Madigan 
Revision from 2006 - VBG
Hernia repair and tummy tuck - 05/12/2010

micheleshelly
on 6/22/09 7:22 am - Yelm, WA
Awsome! I know that you are excited to get started. Even though it will sound like a long path, it will go fast and it will all be worth it as you learn about the path that you are going to take.
Michele
LisaAnn
on 6/22/09 7:38 am - WA
Waiting and waiting for you to post to say how it went!!! I am very excited!

Lisa

229 / 148/ 135
Open DS Surgery with Dr. Martin @ Madigan 
Revision from 2006 - VBG
Hernia repair and tummy tuck - 05/12/2010

Turtle13
on 6/22/09 8:59 am - WA
Hi Michele and Lisa,

OMG, talk about information overload. The class was long. It was supposed to be from 9:30 to 11:30 but it ended about 12:30. I took more notes and learned more about the process. By the end of it, I was just ready to go home and read through the packet. There seems to be a lot to do, but really, I am just overwhelmed.

In class, Meg asked if anybody was there for the diversion. I was the only one who was. She barely spoke of it and mostly spoke of the other procedures done. The information shared was still very helpful, but I felt like the DS is almost frowned upon. I found out the only doc there that does the DS is Dr. Martin. Not sure who he is, but gonna do some research on him. I felt they had more info about the Lap Band and RNY than anything else. Again, still a great class and I don't want to sound like I am complaining at all. I know I am truly blessed to be given this opportunity and I definitely appreciate it.

Okay, I will PM you guys.
Turtle   
SW/CW~252/145
micheleshelly
on 6/22/09 9:53 am - Yelm, WA
I believe that the DS is just beginning to be done at Madigan. Dr. Beekley is also going to start doing them as well. He is willing to do mine, and we have it scheduled for July 28th, with Dr. Martin to assist. However, if Dr. Martin can get me in sooner I will be having surgery from Dr. Martin. I am waiting for a call this week to find out. Anyway, if you are sold on the DS just be willing to stand up for your right for the choice. I think that Madigan (as any clinic would do) sells what they do most of. When I went to the seminar back in Sept. they really were leaning toward the RNY even though the lap-band was an option. I think because the DS is new at Madigan the staff the is involved in the pathway might not have much knowledge of it yet.
If you don't mind me asking what is your BMI? You can email me privately if you want.

As far as Pathways, start making your appointment so that you can get through them quickly. I found that at times I was told that they could not get me in. However, if I called the clinic in question directly I had a better chance of getting in quicker. If you have an difficulties just post on the board and I am sure myself and others can give you advice on getting your appointments scheduled.

Michele
Turtle13
on 6/22/09 12:33 pm - WA
Oh my word Michele! That is great news that your surgery is scheduled. Please keep me posted on your experience with Dr. Beekley. He was the one who did the WLS seminar in Feb when I went and he was very thorough and friendly. I like him and am happy to hear he may be doing your surgery. Thank you so much for all your insight.
Turtle   
SW/CW~252/145
Most Active