I've been MIA

pam H.
on 6/18/09 7:39 am - Renton, WA
 I've been off the boards the last week and a half or so. My daughter had emergency spinal surgery at Harborview. She is doing much better now, and is at home, now. She can get around with a walker now, and has much less pain. She had a L4-5, S-1 compression injury, which has left her with what is called Cauda Equina Syndrome. She has no feeling in the "saddle" area, which covers bladder and bowel function. This may or may not get better. We're hoping and praying for the best! Please keep her in your prayers ! I'm going back to work for the first time tonight. I am hoping to keep working if possible, but I may take a leave or go on call if it all gets to be too much . She missed her last week at BCC, and will spend the summer doing PT and recovering. Naturally, she's pretty overwhelmed- it's alot for a 19 year old to take on.

Susan O.
on 6/18/09 9:58 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
You have been overwhelmed too, that's for sure. I will pray for your sweetie. I hope she will understand that the PT will make all the difference and not slack off on it.
Take care!

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

Mdae
on 6/18/09 4:42 pm
i do hope that with a little faith and maybe some hard work, she'll recover fully.  she's in my thoughts.
jillianD
on 6/19/09 12:18 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
I am so sorry to hear your daughter has been hurt!!  Actually my brother is in Harborview right now, he has been ther the past 2 weeks, we could have got togther.  Keep up your hopes a lot of spinal injuries recover given enough time and your daughter got the best of care at the hospital.  The biggest thing, and I know this from experience, is don't baby her.  I know that it will be hard because she is your baby. 

If you ever need to talk, please contact me.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Beetle
on 6/19/09 5:23 am - Brisbane (Norman Park), Australia
Oh heck, that is just awful! I'm sending positive vibes her way.

Hi, I'm Karin  Start 310 / Surgery 283 / Current 168 / Goal 150
Would you like help with a photo or avatar? Contact me ...

pam H.
on 6/19/09 2:28 pm - Renton, WA
Thanks to all for the kind words and prayers. We remain hopeful and Kellie is working hard on her therapies. She is eager to get back to her life, and badly misses driving! Being able to drive again has given her the motivation to get stronger, and the surgeon of course told her she needed to be off her pain killers before she can drive, also, so she's working on that ,too.

PinkFlamingoes
on 6/21/09 2:27 pm - Buckley, WA
I've been MIA a lot lately . I'm always out of the loop . I am sending lots of positive thoughts your way . I hope your daughter has a really good recovery .

Most Active