Report from the Chicago event

berts4
on 6/15/09 2:13 am - Rock City, IL

Hello Washington!!!!!

I just got back to work after spending the weekend at the Chicago OH Conference and I can't say enough great things about it!!!!  Everyone needs to attend this event and bring your friends, lovers, husbands, etc........  There was something for everyone!

We had the BEST time and wish this was a yearly event in our area.  There was a whole room full of exibitors with lots of great information and TONS of samples!  This was great because there are lots of new products an the market, and I would go broke trying them all.

The speakers were awesome and Bo really knows how to motivate and make sure everyone has a great time.  Chef Dave taught us about cooking methods and why we might be having troubles with certain foods and how to correct those issues.  He is really a nice guy as well!

Dr. Garth Davis and Mary Jo gave great talks and Jamie Dukes had me tearing up.

Jeremy gave great insight into the relationship between exercise and weight loss/maintenance.

The lunch was delicious and just right for all post-ops, pre-ops and non-ops.  Very healthy choices of some very tasty food (not a rubber chicken in sight!)

The fashion show was a blast and we really felt special strutting our "stuff".   I encourage everyone to try it!

Kim was great to work with and oh, so patient with all the questions.  She took care of everything like the pro that she is!  Her husband was great too and very funny.

I really encourage you ALL to take advantage of this opportunity.  Share rooms, car-pool and spend some serious QUALITY time on yourself.  You will be very glad that you did!

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

sassietigger
on 6/15/09 4:45 am
I am soooo looking forward to this event... Thanks for sharing some highlights.
~ Terri ~
 Pre Op 293, Surgery 258, Current 163 Goal 150

Most Active