One Year and Goalsetting (X-post)

Shelly W.
on 6/13/09 5:44 am - Sumner, WA

I posted the following to the Lap Band forum a couple days ago and this morning it occurred to me to share here too:

OK, so it was a year and a couple of days ago.  Busy times...missed the actual anniversary date.  Oh well, I may not have lost as much as I hoped by this point, but I'll still say that the band has been a total success in my life.  AND I'm not done yet. 

My blood sugar is under control, my blood pressure is better, I can climb stairs without feeling like I'm gonna die.  I can cross my legs.  I can tie my shoes easily.  I went from a pant size 24 to an 18.  I can shop in a normal clothing store.  I have lost 56 pounds.  I would still like to lose another 40 - 60 pounds, but am much happier and healthier than I was before.  Which might be why I'm struggling now.  I've gotten comfortable with where I am.

With summer here though I am feeling the urge to get back on the bandwagon.  I went in and got a small fill yesterday.  Now the next thing to do is get my exercise routine back on track. 

I need a little accountability.  So if you don't mind, I'll post my plan here.

Goals for the next week...OK, so need to take a walk tomorrow after work.  No time on Thursday for anything (grocery shopping and meeting with friends).  Need to have the WII Fit room (aka spare room) cleared enough to use WII Fit on Friday.  Busy weekend (graduation parties, church, etc.), but I will squeeze in a walk on Sunday afternoon.  Need to have the treadmill accessible on Monday.  Another walk on Tuesday.

Going on a cruise in eight weeks to celebrate my 25th anniversary.  Must get crackin'.  Would like to lost another 10 pounds before we go.

--Shelly

Shelly W.
on 6/13/09 5:46 am - Sumner, WA
Update to the above:

I met my goals for Wednesday and Friday.  Although it took me until almost midnight to get the spare room situated.  Still have some weeding out of stuff to do there, but at least the room is usable again. 

As you can see by the goals I had listed, I had not been exercising.  Many excuses, but being able to use the equipment I have is key.
--Shelly

jillianD
on 6/14/09 3:07 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Good for you with the goal setting!  You can totally lose 10 lbs by your anniversary!

I too need to exercise more but I had my Gallbladder out on Friday so I will be kinda lazy this week.  LOL
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Shelly W.
on 6/14/09 1:56 pm - Sumner, WA
Oh yeah, I think we all know a little something about taking time to heal from abdominal surgery.  Take it easy.  Thanks for the encouragement.
--Shelly

(deactivated member)
on 6/17/09 10:16 am - WA
Hi Jillian - how come you had your gall bladder out?  I am asking because I am wondering if that is what my issue is.  I have a colonoscopy scheduled for July 1.  I'm wondering if I will need another surgery....
jillianD
on 6/17/09 10:48 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
I had my galbladder out because I had several attacks.  I developed stones from the weightloss.  My dr ordered an ultrasound and they were seen that way.  The attacks were quite painful and centered under the right part of my ribcage.

I hope whatever issue you are dealing with is resolved quickly.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

VickiStevens
on 7/1/09 3:42 pm - Tacoma, WA
Hey Shelly,

Sounds like a good plan.  And I think you have hit the nail on the head.  You are feeling good, you are liking the current situation - shopping in regular stores, etc. - and that makes it easy to sit back and relax.

The exercise is so important.  It will suppliment the small fill and help you to get that darn scale moving in the right direction again.

Take care.
Vicki
Starting weight: 240 Current weight: 130
Most Active