Who can I talk to (MAMC)??

newlisab
on 6/14/09 4:58 pm
HI again,

Ok so I havent started my Pathways yet ( august) but I may be moving  (change of duty staition- great timing huh> grrrr) anyways...who can I ask questions to before I start the pathways...Like

1. If I have to move to a new base...do  have to start this whole approval stuff again?

2. What if my new PCM wont do it>?

3. Do I need to gain weight to ensure that I meet the Metlife table for the civilain requirements? (I"m 100 lbs over...but  the table needs me to be more to make the 200%)

Anyways, whenever I call to ask (once per month mind you) my place in the que to Mrs K..she doesnt have any answers to anything..and this Meg character doesnt sound to friendly either...who do I call?
Shelley S.
on 6/14/09 11:30 pm - Ft Lewis, WA
Every hosptial is different in what they require to have surgery, so most likely, you will have to start over at your new duty station with their requirements.  I have had people in pathway with me who had come from another post who had to start over.  I know that's not the answer you wanted, but if you are like me, I would rather someone give it to me straight.

As for your PCM, again, they are all different.  My PCM at Ft Riley told me he wouldn't send me through to talk about surgery because, and I quote, he wanted me to lose weight the old fashioned way, like HE did.  Now mind you I could have changed PCM's but I knew I was moving soon so I didn't bother and just waited until I got here to Washington.  So I would say, if your PCM doesn't give you the answers you want, get a second opinion.

Meg is most likely the one who can answer these questions fully for you though, so honestly I would probably start with her.  Good luck to you

newlisab
on 6/15/09 7:23 am
Thanks Shelley!  About as much as I figured...
Does anyone have Megs number?
rebeccaford
on 6/15/09 12:01 pm - Honolulu, HI
Hi there!  I can't answer your questions really...I will say I would never gain weight on purpose.  I know people who have just to make the 40 BMI, but for me that is not a good idea. 

Good luck.  I'm sure you will find someone on the board to help you with your questions. 

Rebecca
Rebecca
3/23/2003 Open VBG
4/6/2009 Open RNY Revision
6/08/2011  - I've lost 155 lbs! size 8-10

newlisab
on 6/15/09 12:37 pm

Unfortunatly it doesnt take much effort for me to gain weight...I dont even need to try really..but I have read so many horror stories of people who were declined on the outside for being 5lbs under...

Most Active