Bicycling! Local paved routes?

jcheryld
on 6/14/09 2:23 pm
So today I got on a bicycle for the first time in 9 years and road for my triathalon training. It was so much fun! I am wondering where there are some local paved routes, ranging from 5-15 miles? Incline is a non-issue, I mainly need a paved path. I'm sure the bike I have is also in need of a tune up, so if you can recommend any place to take it, that'd be great! Thanks!
Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker  

Hit goal 10/31/09!  RNY!!!

S.A.R.A.
on 6/14/09 3:06 pm - Tacoma, WA

You can take your bike to Bike Tech in Lakewood or in Tacoma for a tune up... or Old Town Bicycle. They will all do a nice job for you. For rides you can check out the Orting Puyallup bike trail or use Mapmyride.com for a good urban ride. I am training for a 250 mile ride in Sept. If you ever want to ride together let me know. I am always looking for a bike partner.

~Michelle

~M

You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.
~~Eleanor Roosevelt

sassietigger
on 6/15/09 4:38 am
You ladies are inspiring... I have a bike that I've not rode on in about 12 years... maybe it still works... lol.  Might have to think of dusting it off and seeing if the wheels still go round.
~ Terri ~
 Pre Op 293, Surgery 258, Current 163 Goal 150

juicyprincess
on 6/15/09 5:11 am - Tacoma, WA
I always take my bike to BikeTech (there are 2 around but i got to the one on South Tacoma Way).
Paved...?Point Defiance is nice and they close 5 mile drive on the mornings on Sundays.

starting:282
6/25/09: 232.2
jcheryld
on 6/15/09 1:09 pm
Thanks for the tips on Bike Tech! I went there today and they told me that with the amount I'd need to spend on a tune up, I'd be better off using that money to spend on a triathlon training bike since that's what I'm working towards. $450+ is nothing to sneeze at though! I'm going to check out a couple other places tomorrow. For now, its training on the stationary at the gym. Once I get my new bike, Pt. Defiance and the Orting trail will be some top places to try! Thanks!
Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker  

juicyprincess
on 6/16/09 3:16 am - Tacoma, WA
dont forget to look on Craigslist for used bikes...

starting:282
6/25/09: 232.2
heyheyhey
on 6/17/09 5:05 am - WA
We ride our bikes on theYelm trail system.  It is paved, not too hilly and super long, it is like a bike highway.
jcheryld
on 6/17/09 11:11 am
Awesome, thanks! Yelm is not too far from me at all. Where does the trail start? Is it family friendly?
Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker  

heyheyhey
on 6/17/09 3:24 pm - WA
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yelm-Tenino_Trail

Very family friendly and paved, which can be a good thing. It is 14.5 miles but it also meets up with the Chehalis Western Trail that leads to Lacey.  There is parking next to the trail on 1st street in Yelm.

Most Active