MAMC and lap band

Cathy R.
on 6/11/09 4:21 am - yelm, WA
Does anyone know who is now doing the lap band procedure at MAMC?  Do they also do the band adjustments there?  I have my initial group appointment with them on July second.  What can I expect?  They told me it is with Matthew Martin and it is scheduled for two hours.  I do have Medicare as well and the closest two places that take Medicare is in Federal Way or Vancouver (I live in Yelm so both are possible).  I went ahead and scheduled a seminar with Dr Alperovich and am looking to schedule one in Vancouver, also in July.  One of my major concerns the after care, band adjustments and of course the waiting period for everything.  Sorry to ramble, any and all info much appreciated.
newlisab
on 6/11/09 5:59 am
HI :<)  I'm in yelm too ;,)

I dont know who is doing them..I do know not many of them do as they havent been trained yet- but I do know they so the adjustments there :<)
Cathy R.
on 6/11/09 6:24 am - yelm, WA
Great news!  Nice to meet another Yelmite.
micheleshelly
on 6/12/09 11:33 am - Yelm, WA
Oh, now I know what Yelm people are called. It is funny you should mention "Yelmite".
I have lived here for 3 years and never really thought about that. I have lived most of my live in Spokane and there we say we are "Spokanites". Anyway, just a few days ago I was thinking about "Spokanites" and wondering what Yelm residence call themselves.
So, thanks to you - Now I know.

Michele
micheleshelly
on 6/12/09 11:28 am - Yelm, WA
Maybe we should have a Yelm Club.
I live in Yelm also.
Sorry, I do  not know who does the Lapband either.

I think it wise to go to various seminar, even thought I think that they tend to try to convince you that their method is the best. All the education you can get is great.

Michele
Cathy R.
on 6/12/09 12:26 pm - yelm, WA
That is to funny!  I migrated here in 1992 from Germany(originally from Oregon), my husband is now retired army.  I've been medically retired since 2005 due to MS which is why I have a little latitude.  I went as far as a seminar a few years ago with the surgical department, but really liked the lap band option I was seeing.  At that time they only offered the open bypass procedures and they didn't feel that the lap band would be coming.

I've been toying with the idea of the Vancouver seminar so your encouragement pushed me over the edge.  I have one more call back to a dr in Seattle and then I will force mysself to pick door #1, 2, #3 or #4. 
Cathy R    
newlisab
on 6/12/09 12:27 pm
See now I call them (us) Yelmies'
Cathy R.
on 6/12/09 12:59 pm - yelm, WA
.That sounds good to
Cathy R    
Most Active