MAMC question

corrineinwa
on 6/9/09 10:32 am

From the day I first saw a surgeon (BMI 43.2) about an umbilical hernia and he suggested a gastric bypass at the same time, to the date of surgery, I lost 35lb.  I had a BMI of 37.4 then.

But that wasn't unusual for me - I have a 30+ year history of yo-yo dieting.  I'm an outstanding dieter.  I'd spend half the year losing 50-60lb and the other half putting on 60-70.

24 September 2007
Dr. Sebesta - Madigan Medical Army Center (MAMC).
259.5/224.7/111
highest/day of surgery/current
 BMI 18.5 (5'5")

newlisab
on 6/9/09 1:24 pm
Thanks Michelle I will search :<)

Corrinein thanks as well- LOL  I too am a professional dieter...

Geez I called and finally got ahold of the secretary in charge of the wait list....boy she sure seemed ticked that I was calling...Oh well I was polite- Whoo hoo I should be scheduled to start Pathways in August!! 
jillianD
on 6/10/09 11:53 pm, edited 6/11/09 10:27 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Meg can be very testy, try and avoid her if you can. 

Oh and wear your cpap, lack of oxygen decreases your ability to heal, raising your risk of a comlication.  They will want you to bring it to the hospital even.

There is a meeting on thurs nights, it isn't a class and is not supported by Madigan.  It is just a group of WLS peeps that have educated themselves and try to give support to each other.  Nice group of people.  It is from 5-7 at the WIC center next to the Battle Bean coffee place.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

newlisab
on 6/11/09 6:03 am
LOL  This Meg- she sounds scary!!  I havent talked with her yet- I spike with Mrs K....
I dont have a Cpap yet..I havent and really dont want to (if I can avoid) even getting one.....I supose I need to have the sleep study done...*sigh*  Its so complicated with kids!  I have a 3 year old that sleeps with me :(
Most Active