Surgery Date Scheduled....Less than 7 days to lose 5 pounds...any suggestions?

MissKasey
on 6/5/09 2:17 pm - Bothell, WA
Ok..so finally after all the communication with the nurses in the surgeons office, I finally got to speak to the surgeon himself.

No he doesn't perform gall bladder and WLS at the same time due to the risk of infection. Which I am ok with. 

They had to get me in for gall bladder surgery right away so I was in on May 28th and had my gall bladder removed.  I get a 2 week window and then they are performing lap band surgery.  I am soooo trying to drop the 5 pounds needed. Not like its that hard but they informed me of this at my post op appointment for the gall bladder surgery and pre-op appointment for WLS which were on Tuesday of this week and I am scheduled for surgery on Thursday of next week.

Any one have any suggestions for a quick weightloss program?

I am sticking to protein and vegetables, so very few calories and no carbs and lots of water....

Anything else? 

Any input would be great!

Thanks so much!
Miss Kasey
Day of surgery 292/Current 279/ Goal 180

S.A.R.A.
on 6/5/09 2:59 pm - Tacoma, WA
Dr. Srikanth has his patients go on a 10 day liquid diet pre-surgery...

Sugar Free liquids, broth, water, SF popcicles and liquid protien

I think most people tend to loose at least 5lbs if not more.

Good Luck!!! Will be thinking of you!!
~M

You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.
~~Eleanor Roosevelt

Beetle
on 6/6/09 12:32 am - Brisbane (Norman Park), Australia
I'll second the liquid diet. Pretty hard not to lose weight when you're getting nothing bu****er "ugh".
It wasn't easy, especially day 5 was tough for me, but I just kept coming here to oh.com to distract myself.
Everytime I started thinking "pizza!!!", I came to look at the before and after photos and that helped me a lot - I made it through without any cheating.

Good luck with it all.

Hi, I'm Karin  Start 310 / Surgery 283 / Current 168 / Goal 150
Would you like help with a photo or avatar? Contact me ...

jcheryld
on 6/7/09 3:11 am
I'm also in support of a liquid diet.  When I was meeting my insurance requirement for weight loss I went on a clear liquid diet for about 2 weeks to lose a pesky 4lbs that wouldn't go away. It was tough but got me to that mini goal! Juice, teas, and SF popsicles were my friends during that time. Its worth you to do it...
Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker  

Hit goal 10/31/09!  RNY!!!

Most Active