New

Melissa W.
on 6/7/09 2:14 am - Nashville, TN
On June 7, 2009 at 1:06 AM Pacific Time, Heather T. wrote:

Hello and welcome!

I have one recommendation you might try... go to careers.wa.gov (that's where all of the state jobs are posted) and start applying... I believe they have some clerical and secretarial, as well as some stuff in support enforcement that requires a background in collections when I last checked.  I work for the state, and the "Uniform Medical" Insurance does cover bariatric surgery, if you meet the criteria.  It's pricier than the other options, but well worth it, imo, because they have such a high approval rate for WLS.

A word of caution though... be patient!  The state hiring process can drag out for weeks or months, so keep applying and don't get discouraged if you don't automatically get an interview or get hired. 

Good luck!

Heather

Thanks so much for the info! Support Enforcement is right up my alley! I will definately check it out!
Sheryl R.
on 6/8/09 1:21 am - Buckley, WA
Heather-
Doesn't the state have a hiring freeze going on?
Sheryl

Only "obese" now!

(deactivated member)
on 6/8/09 3:24 am
On June 8, 2009 at 8:21 AM Pacific Time, momofteens wrote:
Heather-
Doesn't the state have a hiring freeze going on?
Sheryl

Yes and no; they *did* have a complete hiring freeze, but that was lifted for certain types of positions or for ones that have vacancies.  Somehow in the midst of this economic crises, people are still quittign their jobs, and some of those positions still need filled.  They have fewer of the positions that they can do without by sharing duties amongst current staff, but they also are hiring for ones where the offices have been left detrimentally short staffed.

Heather

mauringa
on 6/7/09 3:56 pm - Lacey , WA
Hi There--
   I am affraid I don't have any employmnet tips for you---but I just wanted to say welcome and good luck!

Maureen
Most Active