New

Melissa W.
on 6/6/09 12:33 am - Nashville, TN

Hello!

I will be moving to WA 6/16 and wanted to introduce myself. I have been working on getting surgery for many years and have yet to have it. My sis followed what I did and was able to get it which has been exciting and very frustrating all at the same time. Depending what day you ask me it will be more of one than the other. I am a single mom, my son Dominic is in the Army National Guard and is currently stationed for AIT in VA. He is 19. He has even asked if he can put me on his insurance. He is such a good man looking out for his mom. I am going to be looking for work so if anyone knows someone hiriing that pays for the surgery let me know. I will be in Enumclaw. I have been applying for SSI but don't feel I will get it. I will apply for Medicare when I get there and have scheduled to go to seminar with Dr. Oh in Federal Way. Any tips would be much appreciated. I really need a good support system. Thanks!

Dapme
on 6/6/09 2:35 am - kingwood, TX
Well..I don't have any tips..or info for a job.

Just wanted to welcome you!

Denise
Melissa W.
on 6/6/09 11:37 am - Nashville, TN
On June 6, 2009 at 9:35 AM Pacific Time, Dapme wrote:
Well..I don't have any tips..or info for a job.

Just wanted to welcome you!

Denise
Thanks!
rebeccaford
on 6/6/09 5:13 am - Honolulu, HI
Hi and Welcome!  I don't have much info for you either.  The job market is kind of tough out here, dependig on what you do, of course.  There are a lot of people on here that have had Dr. Oh.  I wish you all the best and again, welcome!!
Rebecca
3/23/2003 Open VBG
4/6/2009 Open RNY Revision
6/08/2011  - I've lost 155 lbs! size 8-10

Melissa W.
on 6/6/09 11:38 am - Nashville, TN
On June 6, 2009 at 12:13 PM Pacific Time, rebeccaford wrote:
Hi and Welcome!  I don't have much info for you either.  The job market is kind of tough out here, dependig on what you do, of course.  There are a lot of people on here that have had Dr. Oh.  I wish you all the best and again, welcome!!
Thanks! I am hoping I get a good vibe about him.
Judy O.
on 6/6/09 7:27 am - Tacoma (Parkland), WA
Welcome to the Pacific Northwest. What kind of surgery are you planning on? What type of work do you do? Do you have transportation to travel (like to Tacoma, :Puyallup) for a job?
Melissa W.
on 6/6/09 11:43 am - Nashville, TN
On June 6, 2009 at 2:27 PM Pacific Time, oliverjc wrote:
Welcome to the Pacific Northwest. What kind of surgery are you planning on? What type of work do you do? Do you have transportation to travel (like to Tacoma, :Puyallup) for a job?
Thanks! I am wanting RNY and I do a variety of clerical work, legal, legal collections, have a degree and have started my MBA. I am very open and have alot of variety of experince. Worked call center for Verizon, I just like challenging work. Lots of variety but can do whatever. I don't have a car but can get a ride till I get situated to travel. My degree is in Organizational Mgmt. and my MBA concentration is HRM. I would really like to get into HR, maybe recruiting or benefits. But, I also really enjoyed working in legal field. Anything you can suggest I am open just cannot stand alot.
Helen_Anne
on 6/6/09 10:12 am - Bremerton, WA
Welcome to Washington....

We have a great OH group here....

I don't have any tips on getting a job here....

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

Melissa W.
on 6/6/09 11:44 am - Nashville, TN
On June 6, 2009 at 5:12 PM Pacific Time, Helen_Anne wrote:
Welcome to Washington....

We have a great OH group here....

I don't have any tips on getting a job here....

Helen
Thanks so much!
(deactivated member)
on 6/6/09 6:06 pm

Hello and welcome!

I have one recommendation you might try... go to careers.wa.gov (that's where all of the state jobs are posted) and start applying... I believe they have some clerical and secretarial, as well as some stuff in support enforcement that requires a background in collections when I last checked.  I work for the state, and the "Uniform Medical" Insurance does cover bariatric surgery, if you meet the criteria.  It's pricier than the other options, but well worth it, imo, because they have such a high approval rate for WLS.

A word of caution though... be patient!  The state hiring process can drag out for weeks or months, so keep applying and don't get discouraged if you don't automatically get an interview or get hired. 

Good luck!

Heather

Most Active